Discussion topic: Sky q broken poor customer service

This message was authored by Stevo8 This message was authored by: Stevo8

Sky q broken poor customer service

I had a  replacement sky q spent . When the  courier came. He refused to give the box. He did not state the old box needs to be taken back and sky did not state the broken box needs to be taken back. So now I am without any sky service and I am paying for it. Very poor service here. I have had no sky since monday ir is know Friday. 

Can anyone advise me next steps as I am getting fed up with this whole process . I have spent more  time trying to sort this out  through sky. The sky community  and numerous other organisations. . I am definately not impressed with sky customer service. It has been appalling.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky q broken poor customer service

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stevo8 

Not sure what other numerous organisations woukd be involved apart from Sky and DPD. You will need to recontact Sky and arrange another doorstep box swap. The DPD courier was correct in not leaving you the replacement box. He/She must take the faulty box with them so it should be really for them to put in the packaging the new one comes in.

Remember: take your viewing card out of the faulty box.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Stevo8  As you refused to give the courier your old box as you were meant to, and this would have been explained in the email you received, the courier followed the correct process.

This isn't a Sky issue but a customer issue by not following the correct steps or not understanding the swap process.  https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-q/fixing-sky-q/fixing-q-equipment/no-power-q-box/article...

Returning your old Q box

You’ll need to return your old Q box to us.

If you’re in the UK, unpack your new box when it’s delivered, and put your old box, remote and HDMI and power cables into the packaging. Hand it back to the courier when you’re done.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@Stevo8 wrote:

I had a  replacement sky q spent . When the  courier came. He refused to give the box. He did not state the old box needs to be taken back and sky did not state the broken box needs to be taken back. So now I am without any sky service and I am paying for it. Very poor service here. I have had no sky since monday ir is know Friday. 

Can anyone advise me next steps as I am getting fed up with this whole process . I have spent more  time trying to sort this out  through sky. The sky community  and numerous other organisations. . I am definately not impressed with sky customer service. It has been appalling.

@Stevo8  just wondering why you chose not to give the courier the old broken box ?  you do understand these boxes are only loaned to you and always remain the property of Sky ?

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
Stevo8
Topic Author
This message was authored by Stevo8 This message was authored by: Stevo8

I was not in at the time. And the information said  ready to exchange rather than you must swap the faulty box for the new one. . Bit I am still disappointed with sky since this has all happened I still have the old box . Numerous online chats trying to get something sorted out . Plus I am paying for a non working service at the moment.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Stevo8 wrote:

the information said  ready to exchange rather than you must swap the faulty box for the new one. 

@Stevo8 

Exchange/swap are pretty much the same thing. As stated earlier call Sky to rearrange the doorstep box swap. You should be provided a one hour time slot and then whichever adult is at the address can swap the devices. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Stevo8 wrote:

Plus I am paying for a non working service at the moment.

Once it's resolved you can request a credit for any such period.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@Stevo8 

Invisiblename_0-1713534027928.png

I am just another Sky customer!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion