Discussion topic: Charging for Ad Skipping

Jason+Golding
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Re: Charging for Ad Skipping

@Tommy92 There are also often offers on the cost. I pay £2.50

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Tommy92 This message was authored by: Tommy92

How do I get then offers ? 

Tom.j
This message was authored by peter+and+fiona This message was authored by: peter+and+fiona

You have more control with Sky Q. Real life example, I love F1 and want to always watch live but not always the case. If I had Sky Q then I can record the whole programme and watch at my leisure. On Sky Glass I have to catch the programme in live to restart. If not I have to wait for two hours for the programme to be processed and uploaded before I can watch it. Sky Q and a hard drive clearly is more advanced than the "advanced" Sky Glass

Jason+Golding
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Tommy92 @Remove ad skipping and see if it comes up as an offer on MY SKY. If not phone sky - no guarantees by the way 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Goultygirl This message was authored by: Goultygirl

As soon as my contracts up with sky I'm leaving I think it's totally disgusting charging you for ad skipping so I will be leaving and It can't come soon enough like many say on here you could fast forward old VHS so how is this progress just greed shameful

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Goultygirl  Whilst I agree with you unfortunately additional charges it is the way streaming TV is going.  You also have to pay extra on ITVX, Disney+ and Netflix to give some examples if you want to be ad free. Admittedly Ad free is better than skipping.

Personally I only pay for the Sky Ad skipping and haven't bothered with any of the others.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

@peter+and+fiona 

The F1 can be cloud recorded so it is in your planner immediately and you don't need to wait for the upload. See this thread: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Why-can-t-I-watch-F1-on-demand-With-sky-glass/td-p/42470....

The cloud recording is usually replaced by the on demand version, but it plugs the gap. Since the last software update, cloud recording has become more prevalent throughout the system.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Ed.B. This message was authored by: Ed.B.

@Jason+Golding wrote:

Virgin stream 

base entertainment pack £8

sky sports in HD £18.75

sky cinema £11

ad skipping free 

kids pack £2.50 

These prices are somewhat out of date. I was going to move to virgin, but the costs are now

Base pack £13.50

Sky sports £24.30

Sky cinema £11.70

Netflix basic £6 (direct from Netflix)

Total £55.50

So the current price of £47 via sky for all that is a better deal. 

This message was authored by nmbailey This message was authored by: nmbailey

Is Virgin still limited to one VM puck per household and only on Virgin broadband?

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@nmbailey wrote:

Is Virgin still limited to one VM puck per household and only on Virgin broadband?

Correct. 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Ed.B. wrote:

@Jason+Golding wrote:

Virgin stream 

base entertainment pack £8

sky sports in HD £18.75

sky cinema £11

ad skipping free 

kids pack £2.50 

These prices are somewhat out of date. I was going to move to virgin, but the costs are now

Base pack £13.50

Sky sports £24.30

Sky cinema £11.70

Netflix basic £6 (direct from Netflix)

Total £55.50

So the current price of £47 via sky for all that is a better deal. 

Be aware that Netflix basic is being removed for current and new Netflix subscribers.

It is being replaced with Netflix  with ads £4.99, Standard Netflix £10.99 or Premium £17.99

An article here about the change here;

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/netflix-uk-subscribers-angry-basic-disappears/

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Mr+Michael+P This message was authored by: Mr+Michael+P

The main reason i am thinking of leaving this July is ads on on demand content. I think at this premium price its too much. I know others Disney Plus, Netflix, etc also have ads but at least they offer a paid option to remove them not just fast forward. Throughout the 18 month contract i activly find other ways to watch my show on Apple TV to make sure I dont have ads. The only thing is im on the fence is 4K HDR football if Now TV did 4K HDR football and TV shows I would be gone. Still mad by the way that Now TV completly remove the ads with there addon for a much better price than sky and in my eyes the same company just madness. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion