Discussion topic: Re: Cannot open cover on remote

This message was authored by ZoeHandbags This message was authored by: ZoeHandbags

Re: Cannot open cover on remote

So I have looked at all the instructions and tried everything , but my sky stream remote will NOT open . It does not budge at all . Tried putting on my rubber gloves , which I use for difficult jars etc . Nothing . My new sky all set up but cannot use . It seems that no one has product tested the opening process to ensure it is simple and easy .without the remote the sky TV does not work , so it needs to be easy to open . 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ZoeHandbags if this is a Sky+ remote, where you've posted, see the previous replies for how to open the remote.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@ZoeHandbags 

I have moved this to the Sky Steam forum for you as you were replying to an f topic about a Sky+ one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@ZoeHandbags Welcome to the forum.  Removing the back of the remote can be a problem the first couple of times as it it very stiff.  A number of people have found that wearing rubber kitchen gloves helps to give more purchase on the plastic components.

I find holding the remote at both ends with the buttons down and my thumbs on top and then applying pressure and pushing with one thumb and pulling with the other in the direction of the arrow is sufficient to remove the cover. Note the back only moves a few millimetres and can then be lifted off.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion