Discussion topic: Sky Stream - Playlist not showing UHD version of F1 episodes

This message was authored by camsoft2000 This message was authored by: camsoft2000

Sky Stream - Playlist not showing UHD version of F1 episodes

I'm having problems with Sky Stream. I've Sky Sports subscription as well as UHD. I have F1 added to my playlist. Today I went to watch the Australian FP1 and FP2 and only the HD versions where available. I'm paying for UHD channels yet the playlist is only offering inferior quality HD versions.  Also it seems to favour Main Event instead of the dedicated F1 channel. 

Giving I'm playing for this why doesn't it offer the UHD versions I'm paying for?

I've checked under "Other showing" and the practice sessions are not available in UHD. 

I also don't understand why I can just go back in time on the TV guide and play the exact variation of the programme that I want. I don't want Sky Stream deciding which variation of a program I want to watch. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Re: Sky Stream - Playlist not showing UHD version of F1 episodes

Mines showing HD & UHD for the Aussie GP. Did you add it your planner from the F1 UHD channel? 

camsoft2000
Topic Author
This message was authored by camsoft2000 This message was authored by: camsoft2000

I added the series. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@camsoft2000 wrote:

I added the series. 

From a voice search or from the EPG, directly from the F1 UHD channel?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

camsoft2000
Topic Author

Yeah directly from F1 UHD channel.  

This message was authored by bn8959 This message was authored by: bn8959

I have the exact same issue.

if I catch the program while it's 'on air' I can 'watch from start', but if I miss it, the. I can only get HD version, which is highly annoying.

This message was authored by Richard30850 This message was authored by: Richard30850

I am having exactly the same problem, which is extremely frustrating as we bought a new TV so we could enjoy UHD when we want to. Has anybody found a solution?

camsoft2000
Topic Author

Yeah it's a bit of a con, isn't it? Unless you add F1 to the list from a UHD channel on the guide searching for F1 will only give you access to the HD version evenough they we've paid for UHD. If lists are supposed to act like recordings then we should have access to the best version as that is what I would have recorded had I had a HDD. There is no catch up app you're limited to using search to watch missed programmes and UHD versions are not available.

camsoft2000
Topic Author

Also, why the hell can't you scroll back on the TV guide and select the actual version of a programme I want to watch instead of using search which aggregates programs and usually the wrong multicast versions, seems to prefer Main Event channel over the actual F1 channel!?

This message was authored by Richard30850 This message was authored by: Richard30850

I have done the same but when you try to watch an event at a later date do you only get offered the HD version?

camsoft2000
Topic Author

Exactly so why are we paying for UHD if it can't be offered on catch up. Breach of contract?

This message was authored by bn8959 This message was authored by: bn8959

Im totally with you on this - very frustrated. Significant step back from Sky Q.

This message was authored by Panmat This message was authored by: Panmat

I have a similar problem but in reverse, playlisted Madrid tennis on the tennis channel. Unfortunately it is also shown on main event, which swaps to another sport before the tennis is finished hence missing a lot of the match.

Big problem 

sPellling, grammar """punctuation or especially typo has never mine strength point? So thank you be kind….
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Please report such issues to Viewer Relations. You're paying a lot of money for this service and the only way Sky will improve it is if customers report the issues they are having with playlisted content.  

Their email address is: ViewerR@sky.uk

camsoft2000
Topic Author

Well, that's my biggest concern, that the playlist feature seems only to want to offer the Main Event channel when it's simulcasting a programme from a dedicated channel, the problem is that the main event channels often cut away prematurely when multiple sports fixtures are on the same day, this is problematic for sports like  F1 which occasionally have red flags and delays meaning we miss some of the race. This wouldn't happen with local recording, so the playlist feature needs to up it's game.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion