Discussion topic: Sound problems sky stream

This message was authored by Brad212 This message was authored by: Brad212

Sound problems sky stream

I have sky stream puk , when using apps or live TV or any other entertainment on it the sound crackles and sound distorted through soundbar I spoke to sky they said. Change audio setting to pcm stereo instead of auto or Dolby digital and that solved the issue but I want it back on auto but can't as issue comes back , sound on soundbar is perfect no faults when playing films through usb external harddrive 

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Sound problems sky stream

How is your equipment connected? Is your Stream puck connected directly to your TV then eARC to the soundbar, or is the puck connected directly to the soundbar? 

Brad212
Topic Author

Stream puk is hdmi straight into TV then sound is through optical cable from TV into soundbar

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Brad212 wrote:

Stream puk is hdmi straight into TV then sound is through optical cable from TV into soundbar

Then the issue is most likely caused by your TV converting the electrical HDMI audio input connection to an optical audio output connection. What make/model is your TV? Check the audio settings to make sure it has pass-through enabled or make sure the optical output is set correctly. 

Brad212
Topic Author

It cant be the problem as I have had the sky puck and same TV , soundbar set up for over a year and no problems it only started today the problem and pass through is enabled 

@Brad212 wrote:

It cant be the problem as I have had the sky puck and same TV , soundbar set up for over a year and no problems it only started today the problem and pass through is enabled 

Try giving everything a reboot then. Turn all devices off at the wall for a few minutes then power them back on and allow them all to restart. If that doesn't work then it might be worth pestering Sky for a replacement puck if it was working fine before. 

Brad212
Topic Author

I did all that and no joy and apparently sky have just said they was made aware of this issue in April and they are aware and trying to resolve for customers 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion