Discussion topic: harmony hub update

This message was authored by 75sky This message was authored by: 75sky

harmony hub update

Hi

for anyone with a harmony hub (remote) got a update today on mine it's now added sky stream to it's database bit late if you've already programmed the commands to it but just fort i'd let yous know

Best Answers
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

Re: harmony hub update

I finally got round to updating my hub this morning and can confirm that the Stream puck can indeed now be fully controlled via the Harmony Elite remote. 

If you set it up as a new device just type Sky as the manufacturer and Stream as the device. The navigation commands are all now on the database so you can have full control of the puck using the Harmony app or remote.  

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@75sky wrote:

Hi

for anyone with a harmony hub (remote) got a update today on mine it's now added sky stream to it's database bit late if you've already programmed the commands to it but just fort i'd let yous know

Useful info - thanks! I gave up trying to programme mine with the infra-red codes so this will make things a lot easier. 

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

I finally got round to updating my hub this morning and can confirm that the Stream puck can indeed now be fully controlled via the Harmony Elite remote. 

If you set it up as a new device just type Sky as the manufacturer and Stream as the device. The navigation commands are all now on the database so you can have full control of the puck using the Harmony app or remote.  

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@75sky  Great find, I've added Stream to the Harmony hub and everything works as expected.  One less remote I need now 🙂

@SlenderRobert  Thanks for giving the correct setup info 🙂

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by ChrisOld This message was authored by: ChrisOld

I have just got Sky Stream and followed your setup guide with my Harmony Hub but Pause and Play doesnt work also other buttoms are a bit strange too.

Is this normal or have I done something wrong?

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@ChrisOld wrote:

I have just got Sky Stream and followed your setup guide with my Harmony Hub but Pause and Play doesnt work also other buttoms are a bit strange too.

Is this normal or have I done something wrong?

I'd suggest trying it again as all the buttons worked perfectly on my Harmony Elite without having to change anything. 

Make sure you input Sky as the manufacturer and Stream as the device when you try to add it. There are various other options like Sky Digital, etc so don't select them. 

This message was authored by Diesel37403 This message was authored by: Diesel37403

Does this work with sky glass tv if so can you give detailed instructions on how to get it to work as my harmony app doesn't show sky stream on the list also does voice control work as well? @75sky 

@Diesel37403 wrote:

Does this work with sky glass tv if so can you give detailed instructions on how to get it to work as my harmony app doesn't show sky stream on the list also does voice control work as well? @75sky 

You can't use voice control with a Harmony remote as it doesn't have a microphone. 

This message was authored by Diesel37403 This message was authored by: Diesel37403

Even using alexa

@Diesel37403 wrote:

Even using alexa

Alexa is a completely different service built into Amazon Echo and FireTV devices which all have microphones. I have no idea if Glass or Stream can be controlled by such a device.

Harmony remotes, as good as they are, are no longer manufactured and none of them (as far as I'm aware) have microphones, so therefore voice control is not an option.

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SlenderRobert wrote:

@Diesel37403 wrote:

Even using alexa

Alexa is a completely different service built into Amazon Echo and FireTV devices which all have microphones. I have no idea if Glass or Stream can be controlled by such a device.

Harmony remotes, as good as they are, are no longer manufactured and none of them (as far as I'm aware) have microphones, so therefore voice control is not an option.

I have a harmony hub which I used to control Sky Q, I did this by using an Echo (Alexa) device to control the hub. I have no idea if it can control stream/glass but there doesn't seem to be any codes on the list. I probably will not bother as I am happy with the stream voice control.

This message was authored by LittleLoubie This message was authored by: LittleLoubie

im looking at getting stream. I have a harmony elite, will that still work ok??

This message was authored by LittleLoubie This message was authored by: LittleLoubie

Just to add, I use Alexa with the harmony hub, so would be looking to keep all things the same, voice controls, Alexa turn on sky, just with stream instead of the dish....

This message was authored by TonyBear1963 This message was authored by: TonyBear1963

I also have a Logitech Harmony remote control and found the play and pause buttons don't work, tried it twice and both times failed, everything else appears to work okay.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream & Whole Home (2 pucks), 55 inch Amazon Fire TV Omni QLED 4k UHD, Sony BDV-E280 Blu-ray home theatre system, Virgin broadband.
This message was authored by AilsC This message was authored by: AilsC

Is the device name in the model section - I can only see make and model?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion