Discussion topic: harmony hub update

This message was authored by AndyLUK This message was authored by: AndyLUK

Re: harmony hub update

I've got the exact same problem. Tried setting it up twice using 'Sky' and 'Stream' as the manufacturer and device. Has anyone got around this yet?

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@AndyLUK wrote:

I've got the exact same problem. Tried setting it up twice using 'Sky' and 'Stream' as the manufacturer and device. Has anyone got around this yet?

It worked for me when I set up my Harmony Elite remote. Sky as the manufacturer and Stream as the device. It still works fine too. 

This message was authored by purpleparrotuk This message was authored by: purpleparrotuk

I've got the same problem. Can't play and pause or even teach it the command. 

This message was authored by MrLanMan This message was authored by: MrLanMan

Just got a Sky Stream (from Sky Q), and whilst I was able to configure the HArmony Hub, not all commands are listed, or they simply don't all work (Play/Pause for example) in the way they should.

Or, how did you setup your device? I searched for "Sky" as manufacturer, and "Stream" as device (maybe i should've used Glass?)

This message was authored by purpleparrotuk This message was authored by: purpleparrotuk

@MrLanMan same happened to me. You have to make sure your stream remote is in IR mode not Bluetooth by resetting it. Then you can teach the play pause commands on the harmony app and assign them to the keys on your harmony remote. You have to press some keys together on the stream remote to get it into IR mode. I cant remember what they are but maybe you can google it. If its not in IR mode ithe harmony software cant see the command when you teach it. 

This message was authored by MrLanMan This message was authored by: MrLanMan

Ah yes, that would make sense!

Now to find how to get the remote (temporarily) into IR mode...

Any pointers would be appreciated

@MrLanMan 

Press 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds (This resets/clears the remote) Press 4 and 6 together for three seconds (IR mode).

Sorry duplicate reply due to crashing.

This message was authored by BWTJ This message was authored by: BWTJ

Hi, not sure if anyone can help. I read these posts and managed to successfully add a Sky Puck/Stream to my Harmony Hub. After difficulties with some buttons not working (now know what to do about these I think) I deleted it and tried again.

Many attempts to add later it simply will not add. Have tried model number on the device and also 'Stream' and although the device is apparently added, none of the controls work.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Cheers. 

OK quick update here. Reset my Harmony Hub and briefly had controls working but stopped working pretty well immediately and nothing now. Tried to teach commands individually with Sky remote in IR mode but the Harmony Hub does not accept these, so back to square one. 

Anyone who can help would be good to hear from you. 

OK eventually managed to get this sorted! Anyone who needs any tips don't hesitate to ask. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion