Discussion topic: Call divert not working

This message was authored by Richgl This message was authored by: Richgl

Re: Call divert not working

It's not been working for over 6 months, I had to cancel my Sky landline and broadband and have gone to BT. No early cancellation charge.

This message was authored by forbespip This message was authored by: forbespip

Last convo I had last week, they said yes, very ongoing, no idea when it will be fixed, problem since November last year and he  said he had heard of other similar problem where it took months and months to fix-it all about testing to find solution to glitch, whatever it is-I'm waiting to end of contract in October and poss having to switch to phone/broadband provider(i'd like to keep Sky TV)-others having no patience with it, have already switched-tough tittie Sky....!

This message was authored by Richgl This message was authored by: Richgl

You can keep Sky tv, I did but I said that the call divert was a very important tool for me and they can't supply but it was part of my contract. As I said no cancellation charge

This message was authored by Jmnharris89 This message was authored by: Jmnharris89

I have call divert set up for when I put I'm still available to people 

I have had no problems since I sent it up last month but today I set it up fine this morning to transfer my calls but on returning home this afternoon and trying to disable it whilst home I get a busy tone I have spoke to sky and they have told me that there is a problem still and it's effecting loads of people 

she has taken the service of my bill for now and has adviced to ring back in a week to see if there's an update 

This message was authored by Hanger+3 This message was authored by: Hanger+3

Yeah good luck we have been waiting since October 2022. It's a absolute joke how it's no fixed yet. Lost customer after customer. 

This message was authored by Jmnharris89 This message was authored by: Jmnharris89

@Hanger+3 

yea I've been reading this thread I've only just renewed my contract with them last month this is first time I've ever had problems with them 

let's see what happens

This message was authored by PhillSQ This message was authored by: PhillSQ

Well after years of being with sky for all I've realised all is good when going well..

After giving Sky 6 months to resolve what I see as an easy fix I'm moving telephone and internet to BT. 

It seems Sky are NOT willing to keep a customer by trying all ways to resolve a simple issue. It's 2023 so all companies are able adapt to the modern world.. 

The issue, call divert stopped working. Being told 'we are working on it' for the last 6 months.. I fully understand if they go with a untrilaled fix it could effect millions of people.

My simple solution, for the thousands of people having the issue, work with BT your provider and use thier call divert system as it's done at the exchange and not add on software like Sky use. That way you could keep the customer and everybody's happy..

That seems to simple for Sky, that's what happens when a company becomes so big..

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PhillSQ wrote:

My simple solution, for the thousands of people having the issue, work with BT your provider and use thier call divert system as it's done at the exchange and not add on software like Sky use. That way you could keep the customer and everybody's happy..

That seems to simple for Sky, that's what happens when a company becomes so big..

Not sure what you mean. Sky customers can't avail themselves of BT's call divert system, and BT isn't Sky's provider for anything.

This message was authored by phil1stop324holly This message was authored by: phil1stop324holly

i have the same issue and they wont talk to me about it

they are useless

This message was authored by phil1stop324holly This message was authored by: phil1stop324holly

no you havent i have been trying to talk to support without any success they simply say i cannot pass security without only the answer to one question no other which i dont know the answer to

its mad that you cannot report a fault through mysky and their security means you cannot report it on the phone either

@phil1stop324holly wrote:

...they simply say i cannot pass security without only the answer to one question no other which i dont know the answer to

Well no, of course not. If you can't remember the telephone password you set up, tell them when you call and ask to change it.

I was on the understanding that Sky use BT as the line provider? If they do then use BT's call divert.

@PhillSQ wrote:

I was on the understanding that Sky use BT as the line provider? If they do then use BT's call divert.

Only for a very small number of lines that aren't within Sky's Voice and Broadband Network (SVBN).

Was told by BT engineer this morning Sky lease the line from BT. 
Hence why I thought they could work things out between them.

@PhillSQ wrote:

Was told by BT engineer this morning Sky lease the line from BT. 

They sometimes do, but only in the circumstances I mentioned in my previous post. A number of Sky call features aren't available on those lines.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion