Discussion topic: Call divert not working

This message was authored by Ema190116 This message was authored by: Ema190116

Re: Call divert not working

I cancelled the service now and they gave a refund for the time it's not been working 

This message was authored by Ema190116 This message was authored by: Ema190116

I wonder if it's a problem with EE or iPhone & not actually sky because the line works it's diverting to a mobile which doesn't ?? I was with EE I reset my iPhone which got it working again for a few weeks before it happened again 

NikRob81
Topic Author
This message was authored by NikRob81 This message was authored by: NikRob81

@Ema190116 I'm not sure it is. I diverted the number to an 02 number and it didn't work on that either 🤷‍♀️

NikRob81
Topic Author
This message was authored by NikRob81 This message was authored by: NikRob81

Anyones divert back on yet? Any update on it?

This message was authored by Danicrash This message was authored by: Danicrash

Same here at first work only when is divert to landline bot not to mobile. Now not working to landline as well. Been on the phone with sky they don't know how to fix it yet. 

This message was authored by Truffleblack This message was authored by: Truffleblack

I have had call divert set up for nearly a year nad suddenly it stops working? I have contacted Sky who said they had done a reset. This has not worked and I am still left without a facility to divert my landline to my mobile? Any one else had this recently..

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Truffleblack wrote:

I have had call divert set up for nearly a year nad suddenly it stops working? I have contacted Sky who said they had done a reset. This has not worked and I am still left without a facility to divert my landline to my mobile? Any one else had this recently..

There are several examples in the thread you've added to.

This message was authored by displayname1234sk This message was authored by: displayname1234sk

Yes, Looks like SKY have ceased Call Divert but not told us or the Operators that we get through to.

I am in the process of cancelling the line now. Far less painful than going round in pretend circles of resets or cease and start again.

@displayname1234sk wrote:

Yes, Looks like SKY have ceased Call Divert but not told us or the Operators that we get through to.

That would be because the service hasn't  been cancelled.

This message was authored by displayname1234sk This message was authored by: displayname1234sk

So how is that random people suddenly cannot use it and are getting refunds for a failed service?

@displayname1234sk I can only guess it's because there's a fault affecting some customers for which Sky are currently  unable to give a resolution date. What have Sky told you?

Same fob offs as above.

They deleted the service, re-added the service, told to wait 24hrs, promised a call back and progress updates, (never did call back of course).

I could tell it was going no where and is still not working so easier to just dditch the number and start with another provider.

This message was authored by godfather10 This message was authored by: godfather10

Same issue here in Derbyshire/South Yorks.  We do not use divert from a landlne, just from mobile to mobile.  We are an agency so need to divert our phones around our employees whoever is on call for the day/evening.

So essentially we have for the last 4 years we have been with Sky, our main phone will be diverted manually to another number who will get the calls etc.

For the last month we have been having significant problems in that we can divert the phone to another phone on our account and sky mobile users can get through, when anyone else tries it will not work.  After numerous calls where the service has been re-set and promises of esculation I have just now cancelled all my sims with sky, I have to still pay for the devices but a small price to pay to get rid of this not fit for purpose service

Yes, We had a faultless service for 10  years.

Landline that simply diverted to another landline.

Can ring out to any number no problems but as soon as it diverts it either gives an engagded tone, "unable to connect" message or just disconnects.

Nothing changed but funnily enough, when it stopped the Sky Boxes needed resetting/power cycling.

Strange coincidence perhaps but unsure.

Like i said, we are moving lines now as thats the quickest option.

This message was authored by Neil+c+fax This message was authored by: Neil+c+fax

Same here in Halifax there even sent a BT open reach engineer knowing that this is an on going is issue but failed to tell me this till I received this, which is disgraceful costing money etc when they know the fault lies with them 

1813E795-9D60-48C1-9165-4897970B8242.png

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion