Discussion topic: Call divert not working

NikRob81
Topic Author
This message was authored by NikRob81 This message was authored by: NikRob81

Re: Call divert not working

@AlisonandIan I moved to EE couple weeks ago. Internet is so much better and quicker and call divert works too! No issues at all. No money was offered off from Sky for my divert not working for the past 3 months!. They just told me lie after lie. Someone said on this thread that it's not a priority service so they won't hurry to get it fixed and then I was told on the phone it is a priority service. Don't know their **bleep** from their head. So I'm long gone.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AlisonandIan I've added your post to an existing thread on the subject. As you can see from Sky's earlier post, quoted below, Sky are investigating a known issue affecting some customers.

@Lisa-P1987 wrote:

Update – Thanks for chatting to us MrsP3008. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

For others, we are aware of some issues with call divert not working at the moment. Our engineers are working on this but as it is a calling feature and not the core function of the phone line, it is not a high priority repair and unfortunately this fix has been pushed back. It may not be till the new year that they get this resolved. 

We have not been supplied with a set timescale for this. 

This message was authored by Divert This message was authored by: Divert

@Mark39  I was just wandering if internet calls are effecting the divert in anyway is your landline cable plugged into the bt socket or sky router if I plug mine into the router it doesn't work at all my landline 

@Divert wrote:

@Mark39  I was just wandering if internet calls are effecting the divert in anyway is your landline cable plugged into the bt socket or sky router if I plug mine into the router it doesn't work at all my landline 

I don't know, I'm afraid, whether the problem is related to Sky VOIP or solely traditional calls or both.

This message was authored by Dddddddd This message was authored by: Dddddddd

after weeks of call divert not working I switched to bt now and every is working as it should 

This message was authored by AlisonandIan This message was authored by: AlisonandIan

My phone line is plugged into the BT socket, I tried it through the router, but the line was dead then. I can make and receive calls, but call divert isn't working at all. We're looking at changing supplier, this is just a joke now, I can't believe how many people are being affected by this

This message was authored by Neil+c+fax This message was authored by: Neil+c+fax

I've just come of the phone with them, the person I spoke to reckoned he new nothing about the call divert issue and put me on hold for 20mins while he found out about it 🤣🤣 they have no tinescale for when the fault will be fixed IF EVER I have now changed supplier but it won't be till 27th January it's a disgrace that they have no answer 😫

@Neil+c+fax wrote:

I've just come of the phone with them, the person I spoke to reckoned he new nothing about the call divert issue and put me on hold for 20mins while he found out about it.

Not that surprising as it doesn't affect all customers using Call Divert, but clearly Sky more widely are aware.

This message was authored by Truffleblack This message was authored by: Truffleblack

Did you have to cancel it with them as I'm in the same position but not sure how it affects my contract or how the new supplier set up and when? 
thank you

Emma

This message was authored by Neil+c+fax This message was authored by: Neil+c+fax

I contacted BT and they advised me that I'm able to migrate over to them as I was in a month to month rolling contract with sky if your under contract you will have to get the agree that they cannot provide the service you signed up for in which they definitely can't 

This message was authored by Sophieh This message was authored by: Sophieh

Agency in Derbyshire here too and exactly the same issue - still not resolved 

This message was authored by Divert This message was authored by: Divert

I've left gone with bt sky recon I will have the same issue with bt I will let you know next week sky also didn't charge me for leaving mid contract 

This message was authored by Taxwise This message was authored by: Taxwise

I'm having exactly the same problem with call divert and what's worse is you don't realise straight away, until you start to wonder why the phone has been quiet. 

when on divert, callers just get 3 beeps and it goes dead. 

Sky did as they have with others, took divert off then reinstated it and still not working. 

This is a breach of contract in my opinion and an opportunity to move to BT. The Wi-Fi is appalling anyway, constantly dropping connection. 

Sky clearly don't care. 

@Taxwise wrote:

This is a breach of contract in my opinion and an opportunity to move to BT. The Wi-Fi is appalling anyway, constantly dropping connection. 

Which specific section of your contract do you believe is being breached? 

Do you mean wifi or broadband?

This message was authored by PhillSQ This message was authored by: PhillSQ

It's been over 2 months now and still call divert not working. Today I contacted BT Openreach as Sky say the problems with them, BT Openreach advised it's definitely not with them and it wouldn't take 2 months to fix it. It appears Sky are simply lying to there customers and the fact they can't give a date of when being fixed. I have requested call backs from Sky and at management level and still they don't call back. 

I shall be taking this a legal route now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion