Discussion topic: Call divert not working

This message was authored by Truffleblack This message was authored by: Truffleblack

Re: Call divert not working

Yes, you were right. open reach checked with head office and it is a dedicated sky problem for call divert. 

This message was authored by Richgl This message was authored by: Richgl

After reading 9 pages of 'call divert not working' I'm fed up with it. Sky insist on an open reach visit (planned for tomorrow) even though openreach say it's a Sky dedicated problem. What a waste of everyone's f'g time!

This message was authored by Minibees This message was authored by: Minibees

Do not waste your time, move onto someone else, it's a waste of your time and BT's time, I'm surprised they are still attending these call out's! 

This message was authored by Taxwise This message was authored by: Taxwise

I've had this problem for months and have had no choice but to bin Sky. I've got a virtual landline with RingCentral for £12 p/m and 150mb fibre to the home broadband with a reputable provider, for £25 per month.  It knocks the 20mb broadband speed I've been getting from Sky right into touch, and for less money. 

This message was authored by AlisonandIan This message was authored by: AlisonandIan

I gave up after 5 months, the Openreach lady sent out to 'try to.fix it' phoned Sky while with us, they advised her to not take the problem any further, and to end the repair, so no it will not be getting fixed at all!!

I cancelled my phone and broadband and went to BT and I'm only paying £33 a month for the best of everything, I was paying £55 to Sky, so I'm one happy bunny.

And I now have fully functioning call divert!

Don't put yourselves through all this stress, ditch Sky for phone and broadband

The only issue I have is that I renewed my setup with Sky earlier this year (did get a 30% saving on my tv package) but they renewed my broadband and talk at the same time. Now it looks like I'll have to break the phone contract and pay an early exit fee despite them not fulfilling their contract. Pain in the **bleep**

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Richgl wrote:

The only issue I have is that I renewed my setup with Sky earlier this year (did get a 30% saving on my tv package) but they renewed my broadband and talk at the same time.

You might be able to get around that because of the April price increase. Keep an eye out for the letter advising you of the increase and your options with regard to broadband.

Well I'm totally surprised, astounded and dumbfounded.......open reach came out checked the line and said there's nothing wrong and also mentioned call divert issues are nothing to do with the phone line. Well knock me down with a feather 🥴

Even better Sky say the fault has been fixed 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

This message was authored by PhillSQ This message was authored by: PhillSQ

Think finally have an answer, Sky admit they have a problem, it's there software thats failed that they use to enable the call divert.

They say it's effecting hundreds but if they change the software it could effect millions. Unfortunately they are unable to test it without it being a live test. 

I took it up with the govering body they being to to take it further but all all Sky offer is compensation for it as they don't know when it will be fixed, someone said mid March but others are not sure.

My massive question is if Sky as having this problem with hundreds of people why don't they work with BT Openworld  to use the call divert as BT Openworld do the divert at the exchange and not add on software like Sky.. it seems that's to simple for Sky to do and they are happy to loose customers over it..

Sky don't seem to be able to do simple!

As expected received a message from Sky stating that they've fixed the fault with call divert. What a load of 💩 absolutely no difference. Goodbye Sky Talk you've breached your contract with me.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Richgl wrote:

Goodbye Sky Talk you've breached your contract with me.

Doubt it. Unless you can find somewhere in your terms and conditions that the Call Divert,function is guaranteed to work.

Eventually got through to Sky and cancelled broadband and talk, they waived the cancellation fee and admitted there are known 'issues' with call diversion.

This message was authored by Bexjones This message was authored by: Bexjones

Has anyone had a solution as to why the sky phone divert is not working?

Has anyone got divert on their phone - every person I have spoken to at sky says it is an ongoing issue and they don't know when it will be fixed?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion