Discussion topic: Phone line not working

This message was authored by new+glasses7 This message was authored by: new+glasses7

Phone line not working

The handset for phone is saying check phone line I've checked connections to the phone line and all correctly fitted and we changed to a new phone too 

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Phone line not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@new+glasses7 

Are you sure your not now using Sky's VOIP service? You may need to connect your phone to the rear of the hub instead of the telephone line

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by new2q This message was authored by: new2q

Hi, my elderley relatives have this exact problem, started sometime on Saturday. The wife is in hospital quite poorly at the moment and the husband is beside himself with worry as she deals with all the bills and tech stuff and he can't get any calls in or out , I've tried to call Sky to sort this but can't get past the automated security checks. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or contact Sky on behalf of someone else? 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@new2q first, try the service status check link here to check for known outages or planned maintenance which might be the cause. If that shows nothing try the 'no....' button and then the connection test on the page which follows. 

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-talk/fix-problems-with-my-phone/articles/fix-phone-problems-start

If neither detect any fault it would be best reported to Sky. As you've discovered, there's a data protection issue here if the account is in your relative's wife's name. I don't know if they can help, but you could try Sky's Accessibility team, given the circumstances.

https://skyaccessibility.sky/

This message was authored by llr69 This message was authored by: llr69

Thank you, I got to see my relative and we did the webchat together with me typing for her, they dealt with it promptly and found a fault outside the property so hopefully it'll be sorted soon! 

Thanks again!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion