Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EastbourneWTA wrote:

so sky has no major tournament to see, 

The Sky contract is with the ATP and WTA.  Those organisations don't own the Grand Slams.

The same situation exists in cricket: Sky has a contract with the ECB, IPL and WPL but those bodies do not control the rights to Test Matches.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Enilorac This message was authored by: Enilorac

Sky coverage is just so poor. Was watching the Medvedev Korda match via app, score was 3 all in the final set and announcer simply said we're leaving this match now as the Nadal match is starting shortly.

They then had the Nadal preview on 3 of the 5 options for app viewers. Total incompetence

This message was authored by Hilary45 This message was authored by: Hilary45

Commentators on Tennis

Why don't commentators stick to commentating about the match they're watching? So annoying. I turn the sound off. 

This message was authored by Jillyb15 This message was authored by: Jillyb15

Has anybody else grown to absolutely hate that bloody Lexus ad?  I wouldn't mind if they played it perhaps every other change of ends, and maybe have a bit of chat about the game?  I tend to watch on TennisTV for the men's matches and not bother with the women, simply because the ads are so intrusive.

This message was authored by PhilHampson-Sky This message was authored by: PhilHampson-Sky

I see that a few times recently in Madrid, Sky have departed from what we have been told here previously - that when tennis was being shown  on Sky Main sports channel, it was a duplicate of what was being shown on the Sky Tennis channel - they have actually  shown different matches.

I guess that there is no rhyme or reason to predict when this will happen. 

Whilst this may occasionally provide more choice, if unpredictable it means sifting  through lots of recordings to try to find something we wish to watch. I guess that most of the time, recording both channels will be of no benefit. 

Had we not had the luxury over the last five years of simply choosing which match we wish to watch and at our convenience, Sky’s current offerings might have sermed quite good.

However, until they do provide a full range of on-demand replays, tennis fans will never be happy with what they are providing.

Thank goodness the French Open will be covered by Discovery+ and not Sky.

This message was authored by Oddie2004 This message was authored by: Oddie2004

I never watch Main Event for tennis since it became a dedicated channel but no Annabel Croft,Laura Robson or Tim Henman.The inate rumblings of Jonathan Overend and some ex players I have never heard off wittering on about what they had to eat is just so unprofessional and the commentary is poor at its best.Now just watch with no sound and it is much better.

This message was authored by Bubblesjs This message was authored by: Bubblesjs

@PhilHampson-Sky  Yes I noticed that too. But just beware. I have only signed up for the Tennis Channel  and you cannot watch Main Event as part of it. 

This message was authored by NYA42924 This message was authored by: NYA42924

Catalonia Open 2024

I was browsing through the tennis results on Sky app and I realised tennis being played but wasn't live on Sky only the result. So where do I watch the Catalonia Open.

This message was authored by Martym890 This message was authored by: Martym890

Re: Catalonia Open 2024

@NYA42924

The Catalonia open is a 125 event - Sky would not show that level of event as they only cover 250s and upwards - Amazon wouldn't have either.

Select matches are however free on you tube - albeit with Spanish commentary. Its on the Marca channel - just search for it as I doubt I can include a direct link here. They certainly showed the semi finals live today - so should show the final today - should be on at  around 11 am UK time.

This message was authored by Tennis This message was authored by: Tennis

Tennis final Madrid

where do I find Madrid tennis final on sky sports 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Tennis final Madrid

@Tennis Channel 407

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by sebus46 This message was authored by: sebus46

And first day of Rome was just not there, as if it never happened 

What a rubbish coverage!

This message was authored by PhilHampson-Sky This message was authored by: PhilHampson-Sky

Some time ago Sky said that Series Links would be available for Sky Sports Tennis Channel. 

However they are not and it is still necessary to set every recording separately.

For tournaments such as the Masters, which stretch over ca. 11 days, one cannot do this for all days in advance at one time so there is the danger as the week goes on of forgetting to do it and therefore missing a day.

Anyone know why that feature is still not available ?

It would be necessary of course to make this selective e.g.  for "Live Tennis" - one would not want every program being recorded. I guess this may be the problem. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@PhilHampson-Sky wrote:

Anyone know why that feature is still not available ?

I suspect that's a fairly non-trivial task in data engineering: with a pre-recorded television series (which is what the feature is primarily intended for) labelling by season and episode number is straightforward.

Sky mostly manages it for F1 these days, but again any particular race venue schedule is really simple compared to a tennis tournament.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Oddie2004 This message was authored by: Oddie2004

I asked Sky the question when they first started broadcasting tennis again and the non-commital answer was with all the other viewing platforms available it was not considered an important factor at the time but would be looked into for the future which seems like they are not prepared to properly invest in the product where as its available for all other sports channels.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion