Discussion topic: bbc iplayer gives me a code to enter - how do i enter it?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Silverlining5 This message was authored by: Silverlining5

Re: bbc iplayer gives me a code to enter - how do i enter it?

I'm going out of my mind. How do you log into BBC  i-player? I have followed all the instructions.  Got page on TV where code is shown.  Went into i-player  on mobile  by entering BBC.com/account/TV. All this does is log me into my account on my phone. There is no page showing me where to enter a code. I see other people have had same problem. What is the answer - before I go mad!!!!!

This message was authored by kookie This message was authored by: kookie

Hi, @Silverlining5 

I had the same problem. So instead, I logged in as a guest, i chose the option which says i have no access to a computer or mobile device. It then gives you a 0800 tel no which is free for landlines and mobiles. Call the number. There is a recorded message which the gives you a pin, you enter the pin on the keypad shown on your screen and then you're in.

This message was authored by Malcolm+T This message was authored by: Malcolm+T

I can get the bbc I player on my laptop but not on my TV WHY/

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

On your TV or your Sky box and if it is your box what one do you have a Sky+ or Sky Q one ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by football135 This message was authored by: football135

kb3 nniqt

Why have you posted that here @football135  ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Dinkie43 This message was authored by: Dinkie43

BBC say "It's quick and easy to sign in"  NO IT IS NOT. 

When I input a search for "bbc.com/account/tv" as requested on a mobile or laptop there is nothing under that only under bbc.com/account. On the tv it gives me a code to input on my mobile or laptop but how can I do that if there is nowhere for me to enter it. This is rubish!!!

This message was authored by karen+devenport This message was authored by: karen+devenport

dearRe: bbc iplayer gives me a code to enter - how do i enter it?

dear s/m im having trouble trying to put a code in that bbc has saent me as i cannot get the red button to work on my tv it just says i have to sign in but when i try to find out were it has to go nothing comes up to show me how to do it and can you tell me why all of a suden this has happend  (peter)

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: dearRe: bbc iplayer gives me a code to enter - how do i enter it?

@karen+devenport @because the BBC now require you to sign in to use the iPlayer app. The easiest way is as described a few posts back use a device like a phone or pc to set up and sign into first see https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/signing-in/sign-in-tv/

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Beckman+14 This message was authored by: Beckman+14

I have been trying to sign back into the BBC iplayer for the last 2 days!!

Not sure why i was logged out and i did complain to the BBC out of frustration that there is

nowhere on my TV screen to input the code shown. However, i may have cracked it.

i was using my mobile or ipad to sign in as per instructions from TV to no avail. Today i used my laptop. After signing in as per normal, the next screen to come up asked me to input the code shown on my TV screen.  After inputting the code i now have iplayer back on my TV.

Suggest you try using your laptop/Computer for signing in - it appears  to have worked for me.

Happy New Year - hopefully a less restrictive one than 2020!

This message was authored by Kenjanky This message was authored by: Kenjanky

Help - please tell me where to enter code - or is it impossible?!?!

@Kenjanky 

@xenon81 wrote:

https://account.bbc.com/account/tv

I have just tested it and it worked for me. First you sign in to your BBC account then it asks for the code shown on the TV.

This message was authored by alanroberts30 This message was authored by: alanroberts30

just done that nothing happend !!

This message was authored by Hath This message was authored by: Hath

This is the same for me, going round in circles, comments below advise that when you sign in it askes for the code displayed on the TV, this doesn't for me either. Is it because the TV licence is in my husbands name not mine?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Hath wrote:

This is the same for me, going round in circles, comments below advise that when you sign in it askes for the code displayed on the TV, this doesn't for me either. Is it because the TV licence is in my husbands name not mine?

I imagine you would need to sign in with the same credentials on both TV and the website.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion