Discussion topic: Cancelled Sky Sports - but all other packages changed?

This message was authored by faxfan2002 This message was authored by: faxfan2002

Cancelled Sky Sports - but all other packages changed?

I had the following package -

Sky Signature - with in-contract discount - contract due to end in August

Sky CInema - with in-countract discount - contract due to end in August

Sky Sports - out of contract

Since I didn't use Sky Sports I called and asked them to remove it, which they did, then I got an email saying I had cancelled Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Upon checking the account, the packages had changed to -

Sky Signature - no discount - no apparent contact end date, so it looks like it's out of contract (is there a definitive way to check?), effective today

Sky Cinema - no discount - no apparent contact end date, so it looks like it's out of contract (is there a definitive way to check?), effective today

Sky Sports - cancelled in 31 days.

At no point did I ask to change any other package - is this a normal Sky thing? It seems pretty shady to me. 

Also how come I have wait 31 days to make changes and yet they can do changes and price increase straight away - or can they / should they have?

Thoughts / advice welcome.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Cancelled Sky Sports - but all other packages changed?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@faxfan2002 

The advice regularly provided on here when wishing to cancel part of your TV package is

Also make sure cancellation of a certain add-on doesn’t cancel another discount. 
Some discounts especially Sports and Cinema can be bundled together so if you cancel one part of it it can impact the other.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@faxfan2002 wrote:

I had the following package -

Sky Signature - with in-contract discount - contract due to end in August

Sky CInema - with in-countract discount - contract due to end in August

Sky Sports - out of contract

Since I didn't use Sky Sports I called and asked them to remove it, which they did, then I got an email saying I had cancelled Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Upon checking the account, the packages had changed to -

Sky Signature - no discount - no apparent contact end date, so it looks like it's out of contract (is there a definitive way to check?), effective today

Sky Cinema - no discount - no apparent contact end date, so it looks like it's out of contract (is there a definitive way to check?), effective today

Sky Sports - cancelled in 31 days.

At no point did I ask to change any other package - is this a normal Sky thing? It seems pretty shady to me. 

Also how come I have wait 31 days to make changes and yet they can do changes and price increase straight away - or can they / should they have?

Thoughts / advice welcome.

It's not shady for starters, that's just nonsense.

It sounds like they cancelled everything by mistake maybe, what do your future bills indicate?

The 31 days rule is part of the T&C's you agreed to, I'd guess that if wanted to add Cinema back or Sports say you wouldn't be happy at having to wait?

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
faxfan2002
Topic Author
This message was authored by faxfan2002 This message was authored by: faxfan2002

As in the post - future bills show Sky Sports cancelled and all the other packages changed to remove the discounts, despite them being "in contract" until August with "in contract" discounts - at no point was this discussed or agreed to. I would say changing a contract without any notice or consent is pretty shady.

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@faxfan2002 wrote:

As in the post - future bills show Sky Sports cancelled and all the other packages changed to remove the discounts, despite them being "in contract" until August with "in contract" discounts - at no point was this discussed or agreed to. I would say changing a contract without any notice or consent is pretty shady.

I'm guessing you're one of those fabled people who has never made a mistake then.

You'll need to phone them and check.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@faxfan2002 

The advice regularly provided on here when wishing to cancel part of your TV package is

Also make sure cancellation of a certain add-on doesn’t cancel another discount. 
Some discounts especially Sports and Cinema can be bundled together so if you cancel one part of it it can impact the other.

Sky customer since 2001
faxfan2002
Topic Author

@Colin0000 not entirely sure what your issue is but thanks for nothing.

@Daniel0210 thanks for the information, duly noted, surprised they don't tell you that when talking to them.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@faxfan2002 wrote:

@Daniel0210 thanks for the information, duly noted, surprised they don't tell you that when talking to them.

@faxfan2002 

I'm not saying that's definitely the reason. I was pointing out the advice we regularly give/see on the forum boards. I know a few years ago my Cinema and Sports was discounted as part of a joint deal and had I cancelled one during the term I'd have lost the discount on the other so it's a possibility. 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion