Discussion topic: Ridiculously poor customer service

This message was authored by Craigv9 This message was authored by: Craigv9

Ridiculously poor customer service

6 years of misery with broken broadband. Phoned and gave notice for all my services in frustration at Sky's lack of action, as they were up for renewal. Put in a complaint. Asked to ring Sky. Did so. Your broadband guy was rude and dismissive and didn't know about your minimum speed refund guarantee. I had to link him to YOUR website

Finally found someone who sorted a reasonable renewal, and did the TV renewal, said they would have to ring back today re broadband....no call

So, 11am yesterday, all sorted...TV renewed. Happy days ...just had to wait for my broadband call back today. But, 6pm yesterday... flurry of emails cancelling all my sky services?

Rang up. No apology. No explanation. Services restored, apparently, but NOT according to MY SKY

Looks like my agreed renewal price has disappeared too. Oh, the broadband guy hasnt rung back and without that agreed price, I will be cancelling my TV if it's actually active?

Not sure it is because I've had an email this am saying you've sent packaging out for all your kit?

Tens of hours on the phone. Dozens of people spoken to... Is this how it ends? Please refer this complaint to managers and OFCOM as I've had enough

Can SOMEONE with the knowledge and power to resolve this today, ring me today or I'll be ringing later to cancel everything

I cannot believe a company this poor still exists. Astonishing

Is there anyone on this forum with the details of a 'finisher'. Someone in power who can cut through the **bleep** and just sort this?

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Ridiculously poor customer service

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Craigv9 wrote:

Please refer this complaint to managers and OFCOM as I've had enough

Can SOMEONE with the knowledge and power to resolve this today, ring me today or I'll be ringing later to cancel everything

Is there anyone on this forum with the details of a 'finisher'. Someone in power who can cut through the **bleep** and just sort this?

@Craigv9 

No one will call you as the result of you posting. You aren’t contacting Sky Customer Services by posting on here. This is primarily a customer to customer forum.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Craigv9
Topic Author

Yes, I'm aware, thanks

I just copy / pasted / edited what I sent them to see what folk thought here

I've no doubt they lurk

And I'm gonna Muller them on SM too

It's a farce

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Craigv9 wrote:

6 years of misery with broken broadband.

@Craigv9 

The above suggests that despite having broadband issues for 6 years, in that time you'll have agreed to renew your subscription at least twice. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Craigv9 wrote:

Please refer this complaint to managers and OFCOM as I've had enough

Note that's not how the process operates, and there's no pathway to Ofcom on such a route: typically they don't get involved anyway being the industry regulator rather than an ombudsman service.

The complaints process goes through the ISP to resolution, deadlock or eight weeks duration, and then to the appointed ADR which for broadband and subscription television is CISAS.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/alternative-dispute-resolution 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Craigv9
Topic Author

It's been escalated and hopefully will be resolved today

I'm sure a huge chunk of companies are the same, but where I worked if we were dealing with something we dealt with it and resolved it. This has never been my experience with Sky who just seem to read flow charts and get the bat out

Simple human curiosity would have me think.... How DID this mess happen? Can I sort it? This MIGHT be interesting...

But, no. Just brick walls. No independent thought. No flexibility. No ownership. Nothing

Been with Sky as a family for well over 20 years. Must have been told I'd be called back at a certain date / time on DOZENS of occasions. And it's NEVER happened. I laughed when promised a call back yesterday and said it would never happen. The guy said I promise. Why wouldn't I call you back? Perhaps his manager should ask him why he didn't?

The ONLY way to get a response is to provoke one on social media, which is what I have done today

It's a shocking way to run a business. They clearly make money DESPITE their incompetence, so think everything is fine

Imagine how much better they could do if they cared, were professional and used a bit of common...

I swear I could fix Sky in a week. But they'd need to want to.l change. And they don't. I'm flabbergasted, yet wholly surprised

This message was authored by Chalk+Serpent This message was authored by: Chalk+Serpent

I'm not sticking up for Sky here because, let's be honest, they've gone so downhill over the last few years. But why stay with a company for your BB for 6 years if its been unreliable, the contracts are 18 months. 

Craigv9
Topic Author

Did you miss my previous reply? Rural broadband. Want their TV. Can't get Virgin TV here so get the tv and suffer the broadband

Ina NY case, hit the executive team up and made noise on SM and would you believe it...suddenly NOTHING is too much trouble

All sorted ina couple of hours

The remarkable power of social media...

This message was authored by Chalk+Serpent This message was authored by: Chalk+Serpent

Pleased you're getting it sorted, should have been dealt with by Sky without you having to complain though. Can you not get BB from anyone else? We can't get Virgin here but I always had my BB separate from my TV services. Everyone I know with Sky BB here as poor wifi and issues. BT for us have been very reliable,and cheaper as they're happy to give existing customers good retention offers. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion