Discussion topic: Sky Loyalty/Retentions - Contract Renewal

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Loyalty/Retentions - Contract Renewal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Martyn+8652076 wrote:

(especially parts of their Premier League rights which other competitors want and will get)

It's inevitable that Sky will share coverage,  given the PL has stipulated no single provider can have more than four of the five fixture bundles.  Whether one or more of the streamers is prepared to challenge the c£1.2 billion per season which Sky laid out last time round to get the majority of matches remains to be seen.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3741409 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by DCA50 This message was authored by: DCA50

If anyone can provide a good alternative to sky tv and broadband please let me know...

over the next few months my bill is increasing considerably. i contacted retentions only to be told they cant give me any offers at all on any of my packages if i renewed my contracts for another 18 months!!!!

their solution to get a better deal was to remove parts of my package!!!

sky cutting jobs, losing many loyal customers and they still want to offer the lower prices to new customers.

what mentality signs up a new customer for an 18 month contract but wont offer a existing member the same deal for the exact same 18 month contract and potentially loose a previously loyal sky customer.

do sky honestly think all these new customers will stand by them when after the 18 month contract comes to an end their bills get a whole lot dearer?

they are forcing people to leave ... if you don't like the increases you just have to give us so many days notice to cancel your packages

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@DCA50 wrote:

do sky honestly think all these new customers will stand by them when after the 18 month contract comes to an end their bills get a whole lot dearer?

It seems many do.  But the wise switch.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

well i am definitly changing sky broadband i am on 150Mb and in a couple of months sky are putting the price up to £46 + £7.50 Broadband boost!!! As a new customer they can get that exact package for £17 then the boost added if wanted.

900Mb fibre would cost me  around £30 after shopping around.

that is one part of sky i will be definitly stopping.

need some kind of tv package now offering extras such as sport, movies etc...

William+Vincent
Topic Author
This message was authored by William+Vincent This message was authored by: William+Vincent

Previously I had everything with Sky, they were my single source supplier and yes I was reliant on them, TV package, broadband even mobile. I thought that would give me some credit with them and beying with them for 30 years! NO IT DIDN'T.

In answer to your question, yes there are better deals out there, you may have to split your services which is a slight pain but one I was going to try and I am glad I did. Firstly, I changed my broadband saving me a couple of pounds a month. The change was seamless and I have seen no change to service. I reduced my TV package with them, yes I lost my box in my spare room which is a pain but now I am used to it, it is OK.  Sky Sport! What makes Sky believe that a package that has been eroded over the years can still command a fee that they are charging today? I like my sport but that was pulled back. I was paying three figures per month and I reduced my spend with Sky by 60%.

As to the question where are the deals, that depends on the time of year. But, having come away largely with Sky they have to offer a good deal to come back, and next time I will be a new customer.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@DCA50 wrote:

need some kind of tv package now offering extras such as sport, movies etc...

Depends on what sport and movies and how you want to watch them (and what hardware you have).

Most streaming services, e.g. NetFlix/Prime will cover the movies and possibly Now (which is part of Sky) covers sports.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by silvermax This message was authored by: silvermax

Honestly what on earth is Sky playing at. Huge price increases across the board. And making themselves uncompetitive in a like for like comparison, such as superfast broadband being more than say EEs full fibre 150. My package would be £150, there best price quotes was £125. I'm currently paying £85.

Spent today comparing other companies. EE would be £101, but Talk Talk is £64. It may not have all the bells and whistles of say recording programmes but most people just want to watch content as a reasonable price. This looks very attractive 

Deals and offers for existing customers?

Oh well after looking at my recent bill with some services coming to an end my bills with sky for broadband and tv are increasing quite a bit (around £60 being added to the amount I am paying at moment) and in another 6 months that will rise even more.

My question is do sky ever offer loyal, long standing customers, better deals to encourage contract remewals. It seems that they will try anything to bring in new customers but have no interest in keeping current members. Due to company policy retentions now claim they can't match prices offered to new customers. Yet a couple of years ago I was given some good deals for renewing my contract.

Do they offer deals on black friday to existing customers or any other times of the year and if so where can customers find details when these savings can occur.

After talking to retentions amd being told if I am not happy with the large price increases I am free to leave sky and I even felt like they was pushing me into it. They told me I only had to give them 30 days notice, and would I like them to terminate it straight away!!!

Any help in finding deals for an existing customer willing to sign up for another 18 months if the right price is offered would be appreciated.

Thanks

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Deals and offers for existing customers?

@DCA50 from recent posts here it does seem that decent deals are increasingly hard to find. It appears that Sky are prepared to allow long term existing customers to leave rather than offer them a meaningful discount to renew.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion