Discussion topic: Booked move - Sky sent package to future address when we're not there yet

This message was authored by Bernie9 This message was authored by: Bernie9

Booked move - Sky sent package to future address when we're not there yet

Hi, I booked a home move to take our existing Sky broadband to a new flat next month. On the phone I was told Sky would send a conversion kit to arrive the day we move in or the day after.

Today I got a notification that a Sky parcel was delivered. Not finding it where parcels are normally left I checked the tracking, and it turns out they sent it to our future address. We won't be there for more than month yet, and I doubt the parcel will be when we arrive.

I've tried messaging Sky Help on Twitter but got no response.

What can I do about this?

I'd like to make sure we're not held responsible for what's in the package and for them to send another conversion kit to arrive when we move in as promised on the phone.

Thanks for anything you can suggest!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Booked move - Sky sent package to future address when we're not there yet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bernie9 the conversion kit from the older type of Broadband using the copper phone network to full fibre is simply a short ethernet cable. You can buy a cable easily if you haven't got one already there is nothing special apart from the colour of the connector in the Sky "kit"..

Set up is pretty simple and is explained here https://www.sky.com/help/articles/set-up-hub-broadband-hub-internet-calls-ont

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Phone sky, when it asks  you  if you  want  to  use the link they have sent you say no and you  will  get  through  to  a advisor 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bernie9 the conversion kit from the older type of Broadband using the copper phone network to full fibre is simply a short ethernet cable. You can buy a cable easily if you haven't got one already there is nothing special apart from the colour of the connector in the Sky "kit"..

Set up is pretty simple and is explained here https://www.sky.com/help/articles/set-up-hub-broadband-hub-internet-calls-ont

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion