Discussion topic: My new build has an openreach fttp box but sky says unavailable

This message was authored by Hughjass112 This message was authored by: Hughjass112

My new build has an openreach fttp box but sky says unavailable

My new house has the box, its not switched on so i dont know if thats why. 

All providers say broadband is currently unavailable yet there is a new box installed. Is this normal? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: My new build has an openreach fttp box but sky says unavailable

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hughjass112 wrote:

"We cannot determine broadband availability at this location. This may be a new address to which connectivity is not yet complete"

Unfortunately that would probably mean you are waiting for Openreach to complete any physical work required upstream, Openreach / BT Wholesale to populate their system, and then ISPs to dredge into that to add the address to their sales list.  As a full-fibre new build there won't be any option for a copper circuit in the interim.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Hughjass112 

Developers will often work alongside openreach in anticipation that when the houses are fully registered that openreach will take over

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Hughjass112 

If you enter the new builds full postal address below and post the table and notes after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Hughjass112
Topic Author
This message was authored by Hughjass112 This message was authored by: Hughjass112

"We cannot determine broadband availability at this location. This may be a new address to which connectivity is not yet complete"

@Hughjass112 

The developer needs to register the homes so that openreach regards them as gold addresses. Then they can proceed

Is the box definitely an openreach ont

262.jpg

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Hughjass112 wrote:

Unfortunately that would probably mean you are waiting for Openreach to complete any physical work required upstream, Openreach / BT Wholesale to populate their system, and then ISPs to dredge into that to add the address to their sales list.  As a full-fibre new build there won't be any option for a copper circuit in the interim.

Hughjass112
Topic Author

Its one of these boxes

ont-feb-2021-764x528.jpg

@Hughjass112 

Is there any on site representative for the developer/estate agent that you could enquire through

Hughjass112
Topic Author

Theres some builders but they arent exactly tech savvy 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Hughjass112 The agent or builders rep should be able to give you further information. 
Either way it sounds like Openreach have not finished work yet or your address has not been correctly registered with the database so you could be in for a lengthy wait. I would recommend getting some sort of mobile hotspot organised to keep you going. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Hughjass112
Topic Author

1000034082.jpg

 this is it. Doesn't this mean it's connected?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Hughjass112 

Green PON should indicate there's an upstream signal. Unfortunately no ISP can resell broadband service until the wholesale database is updated.

Hughjass112
Topic Author

So what should I do?

This message was authored by KScott This message was authored by: KScott

Get a mobile network broadband provider that works over 5g until the service is turned on and shows as available in your area. U will probably get a flyer through the post from whomever is the major installer in the area. 

for me that was city fibre who installed the local fibre and then I went with giganet as my ISP who arranged for FTTP connection with city fibre engineers. Both teams arrived on same day. Ran in fibre cable Alongside existing copper phone line. They were here about 2/3 hours and I was up and running at +900mb/s over a measly 15mb through sky despite there guaranteed 40mbs. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion