Discussion topic: Broadand upgrade to skyglass

This message was authored by Johnjd83 This message was authored by: Johnjd83

Broadand upgrade to skyglass

I currently pay £39.99 for braodband.  If I purchase skyglass, 55" , will this also include broadband?  I wouldnt include any extras and it seems to be £44.  Doesnt seem right?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Broadand upgrade to skyglass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Johnjd83 wrote:

If I purchase skyglass, 55" , will this also include broadband? 

Glass is the television set hardware, and Ultimate TV is the content subscription.

Sky will happily co-sell broadband service for an appropriate additional amount.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Johnjd83 

Part of the sky glass will be credit agreement toward tv + whatever package you choose

Broadband is extra 

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Johnjd83 wrote:

I wouldnt include any extras and it seems to be £44. 

The typical minimum for a 55" would be £19 pcm loan repayment for 48 months, plus £26 pcm for 'Sky Entertainment & Netflix' plus at least another £26 for broadband.  Bundles are sometimes offered, but realistically Sky won't discount either the hardware at all or the broadband by much.

@Johnjd83 

The current bundle offer is this one:

Offer_2.png

Johnjd83
Topic Author
This message was authored by Johnjd83 This message was authored by: Johnjd83

Ah ok - When I tried to change on my current package it made it seem id be paying the £44 and this would still include the wifi.  Its not clear! 😞

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Johnjd83 

Give sky a call and see what broadband deal you can get with sky glass.  Make sure your broadband speed is 35Mbps for UHD.  Also check out sky stream

Contact sky on 150 from your landline or

Follow the link and choose need more help

https://www.sky.com/help/home/

If in the Republic of Ireland go to the bottom of the page and change the flag to Republic of Ireland

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

@Johnjd83 wrote:

it made it seem id be paying the £44 and this would still include the wifi. 

Given nearly half of that (£19) would be the monthly loan repayment for the television set purchase on the maximum 48 month term, you really can't hope to get Sky subscription television and a broadband service for £12.50 each.

As @cookiemonsteruk indicates, it starts becoming much more realistic with a Stream puck: Sky will currently do Ultimate TV on Stream (without any add-ons) and Superfast FTTC for £39 on an 18 month contract.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion