Discussion topic: Broadband Activation

This message was authored by Barcodeog2000 This message was authored by: Barcodeog2000

Re: Broadband Activation

Ah okay so they can't move it forward as I'm currently using a different Wi-Fi connection but it's horrendous as the Wi-Fi box upstairs is my personal use which is the one that needs to be activated.

This message was authored by Kirsty+help+me This message was authored by: Kirsty+help+me

I am also having action required notice on my account was supposed to be activated on the 13/4/23 But I have no communication as to as I'm waiting for a new hub. Hasn't had a delivery date so I'm guessing not but my hub is not activated
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kirsty+help+me You will have to check with Sky but delays are fairly common where the new service is going to require a new fibre connection as Openreach are struggling to keep up. To help you I am escalating your post to a Skybteam who support the forum who should be in touch.offering a private chat through the forum where a chat button will appear. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Izzy+Pett This message was authored by: Izzy+Pett

My broadband was meant to be activated remotely on the 18/04/2023 and it still isn't working and have no further emails or messages from sky regarding why this is. 

I have had the hub plugged in from the activation date, the power and wifi lights are green and the internet is orange. Any help regarding this would be great!

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Izzy+Pett  Have answered your own thread on your issue of activation/

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by SuperBladesman87 This message was authored by: SuperBladesman87

I'm now having the same problem. Ordered broadband, order failed without notification. Ordered again, activation date was yesterday but still no internet. Track order says activation changed but no further messages. So frustrated I could cry

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@SuperBladesman87 you need to talk to Sky to find out whst is happening and why things are chznging. When you order broadband from Sky they place an order with Openreach who can refuse tomaccept the order where for example there is another service using the line perhaps because the orevious residentvhasn't cancelled but there are loads of reasons including potential technical issues like a new line required etc.

Openreach should havectold Sky more details so I have escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye onnthe forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Simonkearney96 This message was authored by: Simonkearney96

I am having this exact issue where my activation date was 7th may but it still has not been activated. I cannot get in contact with sky and have no idea what to do. 

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @SuperBladesman87 and @Simonkearney96.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by SuperBladesman87 This message was authored by: SuperBladesman87

If you're in the UK you need to call 0333.759.0721 and they will assist. They've told me the activation has failed and Openreach have not provided a reason for this. They've escalated it to Openreach to investigate and that will take a fixed three working days to complete, so next Monday, with no promise it will be fixed on Monday.

we have another network in Sheffield that is independent of Openreach and Sky and I'm at the point where I'm so frustrated I might just cancel my full Sky package and take everything elsewhere. There's only excuses and misinformation and mistake after mistake and no accountability 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion