Discussion topic: Broadband blown

This message was authored by Franky18777 This message was authored by: Franky18777

Broadband blown

My broadband wifi has blown its max a loud bang I'm scared to touch it it's smoking and fizzed up someone needs to sent out asap please help me thank you

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Broadband blown

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Franky18777 

You will need to call Sky but you won't get an engineer until Tuesday at the very earliest. Keep your hub as the engineer/Sky might need to examine it further. If you feel it's a fire risk disconnect it if you can do that safely.

The escalation process, which we could normally use to help you, is unavailable until Wednesday 3rd January. In the meantime if you want to call Sky we’ve been informed that the phone lines will be open:
New Years Eve ~ 0900 til 1800
New Years Day ~ 0800 til 2100
Other days will be normal hours.
▪️
To contact Sky via Social Media the operating hours on the Bank Holiday will be:
New Years Day ~ 0830 til 2100

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Franky18777 unplug or otherwise disconnect the hub's mains supply if its safe to do so. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Franky18777 wrote:

someone needs to sent out asap 

It's a Sunday and New Year's Eve, so no-one is likely to be available ASAP.  As indicated above, unplugging the device at the mains should always be the first thing to do.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion