Discussion topic: Broadband boost and sky talk included?

This message was authored by Deano373 This message was authored by: Deano373

Broadband boost and sky talk included?

I've recently upgraded my package to Ultrafast 1 which states Broadband boost and Sky Talk included, which I took as included in with the subscription price. Now I already paid for broadband Boost and Sky Talk with my old package so presumed when I upgraded I wouldn't have to pay extra for these anymore but I'm still getting charged for them plus the Ultrafast broadband fee.

So my question is why am I still paying extra if it's included?

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Broadband boost and sky talk included?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Deano373 

I suspect that means your subscription bundle has those add-ons and you are being charged for them.  You'd need to check your billing breakdown to confirm that: Broadband Boost is typically about £6 and Evenings and Weekends is about £5

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Deano373 

Broadband Boost is always an extra-cost add-on, and is of questionable value with an Ultrafast service unless you need wireless boosters to cover the address.

Sky Talk Pay As You Talk is the default: inclusive minutes are an extra-cost add-on.  Note that calls are not 'free' just because they are now effectively VOIP.

Deano373
Topic Author
This message was authored by Deano373 This message was authored by: Deano373

Thanks for the reply, so when it says includes these extras it's not included in the price?  

20231003_164430.jpg 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Deano373 

I suspect that means your subscription bundle has those add-ons and you are being charged for them.  You'd need to check your billing breakdown to confirm that: Broadband Boost is typically about £6 and Evenings and Weekends is about £5

This message was authored by David+Bell+10 This message was authored by: David+Bell+10

@Deano373 did you get this resolved? i am encountering the same question. Was then told by sky i dont need broadband boost so could cancel. Subquently when UF1 was active i needed a boster for my office and sky said i need to purchase wifi max to get a booster!! They infomred me boradband boost was not compatible with full fibre yet we still charging me for the service until i canceled it manually! Seems no one understands the packages 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion