Discussion topic: Broadband keeps dropping in and out.

This message was authored by FedUp261 This message was authored by: FedUp261

Broadband keeps dropping in and out.

This is driving me mad.... streaming music keeps stopping. Can't access work. All checks say everything is fine and it obviously isn't . Help gratefully received. These are router stats.

Router Statistics

System Up Time: 01:23:23

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN WANoE 93528 162747 0 0 0 00:35:44 LAN Up 344832 309225 0 1 0 01:23:23 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 7333 0 0 0 0 01:21:33 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 8975 1581 0 0 0 01:21:31

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 549900 kbps 75000 kbps
Poll Interval:
Seconds (at least 3s):
(Removed)
Hope this means something to someone

Moderator note: Removed third party link.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Broadband keeps dropping in and out.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@FedUp261 I can see you have a full fibre connection if this happens again check the lights on the hub and the ONT as they can tell you what is wrong. However I can see that your post has been escalated to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
FedUp261
Topic Author
This message was authored by FedUp261 This message was authored by: FedUp261

Thank you

This message was authored by Phil4 This message was authored by: Phil4

There appear to be loads of us suffering with this issue, can we all be escalated too? I am not allowed to post a link to the previous comment made due to a long number in the address seeming like a phone number! However, it was entitled "connection keeps dropping" by Piper1 at 9:16 am today.

I actually work from the same room as the router and the lights are all still illuminated green when it happens.

I tried to get my router stats via the instructions here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014... but I get an error message that the site cannot be reached because it took too long to respond.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion