Discussion topic: Broadband keeps dropping out

This message was authored by NickShort474 This message was authored by: NickShort474

Broadband keeps dropping out

Recently my broadband keeps dropping out, then re-connecting. I am not using the sky provided hub as I have been with sky for so long that the hub I had was just so old. I am using a TP-Link Archer VR600.

I was able to get into the router and get these details:Screenshot 2024-04-23 172450.png

Also even whenn I am connected I am not getting the 63Mbps speed prmoised, I'm only getting:

Screenshot 2024-04-23 150846.png

Any help or ideas would be appreciated, or maybe I just need to ring up and get an enginner out?

Many Thanks

Nick

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Broadband keeps dropping out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NickShort474 

Quickest way would be to call sky

Contact sky on 150 from your sky landline or

Follow the link and choose need more help

https://www.sky.com/help/home/

If in the Republic of Ireland go to the bottom of the page and change the flag to Republic of Ireland

If you are having issues get back to us for escalation

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@NickShort474 

High noise margin and a load of errors on downstream.  Definitely looks like a bad fault but sky does need you to use their hub to diagnose the fault

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@NickShort474 

As @cookiemonsteruk  has said you have a line fault, however Sky likely wont book you an engineer until you plug the Sky hub back in so their tools can identify it 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
NickShort474
Topic Author
This message was authored by NickShort474 This message was authored by: NickShort474

Many thanks for the swift replies, I really appreciate the help, I have plugged old hub back in and these are the statistics:

Screenshot 2024-04-24 194031.png

Does this still show that the probelm is on the line? And if so how do I go about booking an engineer?

Many Thanks

Nick

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@NickShort474 

Just moderated the image which shows a dire line fault made worse by using the obsolete sky sr102 router

However both routers do pretty much say the same

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@NickShort474 

Quickest way would be to call sky

Contact sky on 150 from your sky landline or

Follow the link and choose need more help

https://www.sky.com/help/home/

If in the Republic of Ireland go to the bottom of the page and change the flag to Republic of Ireland

If you are having issues get back to us for escalation

NickShort474
Topic Author

Thanks so much for the help guys, really appreciate it. Will get onto sky and get it sorted.

@NickShort474 

Your line attenuations suggest you should get 80Mbps whilst the ds noise margins are off the chart . Internal or external sky should book an engineer for you

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion