Discussion topic: Cant locate the speed checker

This message was authored by chrismckay This message was authored by: chrismckay

Cant locate the speed checker

I have recently upgraded to Sky fibre "gigafast"

I would like to see if I am getting the minimum gauranteed speed, however there is no speed check displayed on the service checker page when I log in

Anybody any ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Cant locate the speed checker

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@chrismckay 

Best way is to use an etherneted device with nothing else downloading and run a speedtest on fast.com or nperf.com

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
chrismckay
Topic Author
This message was authored by chrismckay This message was authored by: chrismckay

Thanks Mark,

The speed that they gaurantee is from their source to the hub, not from the hub to device.

I think the method suggested would be checking from hub to device!!!!!

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@chrismckay 

Agreed. But the sky hub doesn't captur line speed as its own vdsl modem is bypassed by the ont but the eth device will be 90-95% of line speed

You could log onto your hub using a ethernet device and go to the stats page (as below) then start a download then wait for 10 seconds and post the stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

chrismckay
Topic Author

Thanks for the help.....I will give that a try.

One more thing, is it possible that Sky dont show the speed checker results until after the 14 day settling down period?

On the service checker page I get the thumbs up for connection and wifi but no speed is shown.

@chrismckay 

@chrismckay wrote:

Thanks for the help.....I will give that a try.

One more thing, is it possible that Sky dont show the speed checker results until after the 14 day settling down period?

On the service checker page I get the thumbs up for connection and wifi but no speed is shown.

No, dlm does not exist on fttp connections. 

This message was authored by simon194 This message was authored by: simon194

@cookiemonsteruk wrote:

@chrismckay 

Agreed. But the sky hub doesn't captur line speed as its own vdsl modem is bypassed by the ont but the eth device will be 90-95% of line speed

You could log onto your hub using a ethernet device and go to the stats page (as below) then start a download then wait for 10 seconds and post the stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

The connection speed  on FTTP is now shown in the stats following one of the recent firmware updates on the SR203.

simon194_0-1707928334865.png

@simon194 

Not sure if that figure isn't just carried over from the profile.  In addition according to your own stats only 1.37  Mbps has been utilised.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion