Discussion topic: Change go live date ?

This message was authored by Mt52015 This message was authored by: Mt52015

Change go live date ?

I've just signed up for sky broadband as my current contract with Talk Talk expires on the 11th of May was going to put it to start on the 12th but must have missed the option on completion I have a go live date of April 23rd is it possible to move it? Will I be hit by a fee for early termination of my contract? 

Only 12 days no idea what that might cost 

Thanks Malcolm 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: Change go live date ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mt52015  You should be able to change the date in track orders in my account.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mt52015  You should be able to change the date in track orders in my account.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Mt52015
Topic Author

Found track orders but it wants you to call an advisor which I am too busy to do at the moment will try tomorrow 

Mt52015
Topic Author

Sorted now on the phone couldn't change the date but was told if I was charged a fee for early termination Sky will refund up to £100 after sending proof of it 

Sent me a message with a link on how to go about it as well 

This message was authored by MrRageGamer This message was authored by: MrRageGamer

I'm in the same boat wit the Go-Live date. My BT end on the 8th May and my Go-Live is the 16th.

I keep an eye on the Tracker but I still don't have the option to change my Remote activation date,

I don't have time to spend 50mins on the whole to Customer Service (which is stupid) just to be told "you can do it on the app".

I would be calling if I could do that.

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

You can only change an installation date you cannot change a transfer date as the cease of your old service has already been agreed with the previous provider when the transfer request was placed

the only way to change it with sky is to cancel and reorder for a later date

you could try contacting your old provider to see if they can can take control of the cease and alter the date but this may not be possible 

Mt52015
Topic Author

All gone through fine thanks apart from TT claiming that they hadn't had a cease order from Sky got nowhere on the phone to them but it was sorted out for me by someone on the TT community 

Just waiting for my final bill off them 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion