Discussion topic: Garden bar & sky tv

This message was authored by Bellabarn2 This message was authored by: Bellabarn2

Garden bar & sky tv

Hi all I've built a garden bar about 5 m from the house and as the sky Hub is right at the front of the house I won't be able to hardwire it into the Internet. Has anybody successfully used Wi-Fi or some sort of extender to get a signal in an outside building. 

many thanks

tim

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Garden bar & sky tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bellabarn2 you can buy spesialist outdoor wifi extenders but the easiest and cheapest way is if the garden unit is wired for mains power is to use Powerline networking which uses the mains cabelling to carry the data.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by bemak187 This message was authored by: bemak187

Re: Garden bar & sky tv

@Bellabarn2Nothing stops wifi like exterior walls, also assuming the bar is and enclosed space as well.  Anything outside, in the garden/garden room etc a hard wired connection/ethernet is the best option by miles.  Personally I would take the hassle (and possible cost of getting someone in to help) and find a way to run ethernet (externally, maybe up and through the loft and down etc).  It will be annoying but you only need to do it once and give you the best experience.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion