Discussion topic: How to stop Sky turning the internet off?

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

How to stop Sky turning the internet off?

Is this a new thing where Sky keep turning the internet off at around 2am? 
It seems rather random the days it happens but it's consistently 2am until tonight where it was 115am. 
I assume the router is supposed to reconnect but every stupid time mine does it I have to drag myself over to the router and restart it to get it to connect again. Certainly very annoying at 1 or 2 in the morning and being disabled. 

Maybe because I have an old router it's not working properly? Think it's an SR102 or something. Can't remember how to check. 

All Replies

Topic Author

Re: How to stop Sky turning the internet off?

System Up Time: 00:33:00

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN MER 39297 34121 0 0 0 00:27:24 LAN Up 7855 4728 0 0 0 00:33:00 WLAN Up 371183 374263 0 0 1 00:32:02

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed (Kbps) 73998 17000 Line Attenuation (dB) DS1:5.1    DS2:6.6    DS3:11.6 US0:1.4    US1:6.9    US2:9.8 Noise Margin (dB) DS1:14.2    DS2:14.2    DS3:14.2 US0:15.4    US1:11.2    US2:11.1

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous 

Perhaps it's essential maintenance taking place. This is normally done overnight to cause minimal disruption to customers as most will be asleep. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Topic Author

It's been happening for 2 or 3 months now and it's really getting on my nerves. 
It'll happen for maybe 1,2,3 days in a row and then it'll be fine for 1,2,3 or more days and just keeps happening each week. The only consistentent thing is the time is usually, apart from today, being around 2am. 
Yes I'm up all night so see the pattern. @Daniel0210 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous your experience definitely sounds like maintenance, there does seem to be a lot of reports of over night issues in the last few months perhaps linked to a Government instruction to Telcos to remove Huawei equipment from their core networks before the end of 2023.

However if you have a Superfast service over copper if your line is not stable the DLM system which optimises the  performance will intervene and reset the connection  if errors exceed a set number in the previous 24 hour period around 2am.

Unfortunately it is something people up at night have to put up with usually clears by 5am. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion