Discussion topic: WiFi Booster Stopped Working

This message was authored by CJR141 This message was authored by: CJR141

WiFi Booster Stopped Working

My WiFi booster has worked great for 10 months, but suddenly stopped working over Christmas. I have reset it multiple times and tried to reconnect to the hub, but it will not connect - Power and WiFi lights are green, but Internet light is not lit. When I try to reconnect to the hub, the orange WPS lights flash on both devices for a couple of minutes then stop, but no connection is made. 

My SkyQ box connects through the booster, so I can't get any non-live content through that either.

any suggestions?

All Replies

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

Re: WiFi Booster Stopped Working

@CJR141 

When you try to pair the Router and Booster using the wps, do you have them close to each other.

My experience is that they will not pair if they are far apart, i tried that just to test.

Once i moved them close, pressed the wps on router, watched light on router go, pressed wps on booster

watched it's light also then the paired say approx 1 min later, then moved booster back to its location.

If you don't have any success then it maybe that your booster has failed, you will need to call SKY to get

replaced, give it a try, they can be a pain to connect sometimes.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: WiFi Booster Stopped Working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CJR141 if the booster is not connecting when correctly placed which is midway between the hub and the Q box call Sky as they should either send a replacement or an engineer to check the set up.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion