Discussion topic: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gateway

This message was authored by PC49 This message was authored by: PC49

Re: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

Ember tech people today told me they can't get through to sky. I rang sky and they gave me an email address for hopefully the sky team ember can contact to solve the issue. Sky also suggested my firewall ? Could be stopping ember connecting. Ember have had a lot of complaints. They upgraded their app 31.10.23 

Let's hope someone talks to someone! 

Lonalaming
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lonalaming This message was authored by: Lonalaming

Re: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

Hopefully the information that I have passed onto Chloe this afternoon will help us get a clearer picture as to why it will not connect properly 

This message was authored by JamieLaw123 This message was authored by: JamieLaw123

Oddly, I have just been searching google about this issue as I am experiencing the same thing with my sky broadband 

I have the ember app and the eph gateway03

This message was authored by Stim07 This message was authored by: Stim07

Hopefully it's now being directed to the right people and looked into to find a solution now thanks to @ Chloe-W22 

This message was authored by JamieLaw123 This message was authored by: JamieLaw123

Can you please let us know if/when you are sorted. I am experiencing the exact same thing.

Lonalaming
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lonalaming This message was authored by: Lonalaming

Hi Jamie.    Chloe is passing details over to the SKY back room team so hopefully we will know soon.   Hoping she will post an update here for ALL of us that are experiencing this issue.   

Awesome. I have emailed EPH and the reply confirmed some Sky customers are experiencing this issue and it is being looked into.

This message was authored by Wendyclancy This message was authored by: Wendyclancy

I too have the ember app which has suddenly stoped working. I have been informed by ember that the issue lays with sky and that they are aware and working on it.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wendyclancy slight exaggeration by Ember support as it is by no means certain Sky caused the issue however it is being checked out.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Can I reiterate. EPH Ember told me they couldn't get anyone from sky to talk to them. They told me as many as 20 perhaps more people had contacted them and those who had had sky broadband. I contacted sky and discussed my problem.  I asked the very pleasant lady at sky if she could give me a contact number in Sky for the department that EPH could talk to resolve the matter. She could only give me an email address. EPH never actually said it was skys fault. What they did say was they would hope resolve the issue by talking to sky.  I spoke to EPH today and they said they were still working on it. So l like others wait in frustration.

Lonalaming
Topic Author

Is have passed details to Chloe on this forum who is a sky employee who is hopefully passing the details to the back room team to look into.   As yet I have heard nothing back and the app is still not working.  

Thank you 😊 

The app worked from around 10am to 3pm today. 

Why / how , I've got no idea. I didn't do anything.

This message was authored by Sting17 This message was authored by: Sting17

I also have this issue with the ember app only working intermittently and so grateful for any updates from Sky. It seems to stop working overnight and especially after heavy rain, although perhaps coincidence. It was working fine until early November. 

This message was authored by Terry_EPH This message was authored by: Terry_EPH

Hi Guys,

Terry here from EPH EMBER.  We have been trying to find a solution to this for a number of days.

Only Sky users are affected, other providers are working perfectly and it is not affecting all users.

We believe that a software update or some change to the Sky Service has started to block our device.

We are eager to try and apply a fix here but are really struggling to get a hold of someone in Sky to assist here.  We apologise for the interruption in the users experience.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion