Discussion topic: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gateway

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This has been raised into Sky who are investigating this, please be aware though as fellow customers we can't do anything more until Sky come back with any updates.

*Post marked as answer for visibility only

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

@Terry_EPH I have given Sky a nudge. Sounds like a router firrmware update has done something which would explain why some but not all of your customers with Sky Broadband are affected.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by PC49 This message was authored by: PC49

I was advised by sky when I asked one of their front end staff to make adjustments to my Broadband Shield. I hadn't a clue what she meant. 2 days later I can now use Ember. I've no idea how or what I did to my sky broadband shield. Probably allowed the whole world in! 

This message was authored by Wendyclancy This message was authored by: Wendyclancy

Thanks Terry

This message was authored by Terry_EPH This message was authored by: Terry_EPH

Thanks @Chrisee

Hopefully we will see a resolution soon.  

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your patience whilst we investigate this issue.

Can I ask whether, temporarily, switching off your Sky Broadband Shield allows your gateways to connect?  If it does, does it stop working after you re-enable it?

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Hi @KevNewMedia 

We are interested to know the result of this too. We don't have the service ourselves so are unable to test. It has worked for at least one user so far. 

This message was authored by adamtjames88 This message was authored by: adamtjames88

Hi Kev,  how do I turn off Sky Broadband Shield?

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @adamtjames88 

Here's the link on sky.com for your broadband and talk settings 😀

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

HI @GD1  would you mind unmarking your post as the Answer as the issue is not answered yet?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Terry_EPH  P{lease read the bit in bold

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@GD1 you mean this bit:

*Post marked as answer for visibility only

I did read this, i just assumed that an unanswered topic would be given priority over an answered one.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Terry_EPH 

We usually mark a thread as 'answered' so that people can get to the most up-to-date information/instruction, without having to read the entire thread 😀

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Ok Understood

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @adamtjames88 

How did you get on with switching off your broadband shield?

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion