Discussion topic: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gateway

This message was authored by Terry_EPH This message was authored by: Terry_EPH

Re: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

HI @KevNewMedia 

Have you any insights or updates for us? Customers with the issue are starting to snowball and we still have had no response or communication from Sky.

The only customers who successfully have had the issue fixed have had their Broadband Hubs replaced by Sky. Should we be recommending each customer to call and request a new router? I'm sure there is a non hardware fix to this, our developers are on hand to answer any and all queries but we have had zero communication.  I appreciate anything you can do to assist!

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Re: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

Posted by a Sky employee

Morning @Terry_EPH 

I wouldn't recommend swapping routers as this may be a red herring. If the router as slightly older firmware, it's going to update to the current version and potentially puts our customers back into the same position.

Our teams are investigating and when we have more information, we will let everyone know 😀

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Hi @KevNewMedia 

Appreciate the update, Thank you.

This message was authored by adamtjames88 This message was authored by: adamtjames88

Hi @KevNewMedia ,

As mentioned previously my EPH Gateway had started working when I moved it's location, however, it lost wifi connection last night so I have tried to see what happens if I turn off sky broadband shield.

With the shield turned off I still cannot connect the gateway to the wifi and I get the same error message as I had before.

I will leave it for an hour to see if it takes a while to sync through but it doesn't look like it has worked.

Thanks,

Adam

This message was authored by Sting17 This message was authored by: Sting17

Thanks Adam - just to confirm I've also tried  disabling the shield but it didn't have any impact and the Ember app still couldn't connect. 
Ian 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

A change of your WAN ip can help resolve this.

First, make sure the app itself is at the latest level on your device.

Try forcing a new WAN address, via your Sky broadband router..
The trick to do this with a Sky broadband router is by powering off the Sky router and leaving off power for at least ten minutes.

You can check your old/new WAN address in the Sky router settings or just type 'whats my ip' into Google before and after the power off.. Look for the ip4 'public' wan ip address.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@adamtjames88 wrote:

Hi @KevNewMedia ,

As mentioned previously my EPH Gateway had started working when I moved it's location, however, it lost wifi connection last night so I have tried to see what happens if I turn off sky broadband shield.

With the shield turned off I still cannot connect the gateway to the wifi and I get the same error message as I had before.

I will leave it for an hour to see if it takes a while to sync through but it doesn't look like it has worked.

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks for trying @adamtjames88 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by adamtjames88 This message was authored by: adamtjames88

@lettice this hasn't worked either unfortunately

Hi Adam,

If your gateway has a flashing green light then it is connected to the router,  but not the internet.

You dont need to repeat or attempt the pairing process again, once the issue is resolved it should connect by itself.  We are hopefully close to a resolution 

- Terry EPH

@Terry_EPH , I have the flashing green light so guess I'm just waiting for a fix then.

@adamtjames88 Yes it should just reconnect automatically.

For Clarity:

Solid green light = connected to router and internet

Flashing green light = connected to router but not the internet

no green light = no connected (in this case, it is worth attempting the pairing to get either a solid or flashing light)

@adamtjames88 wrote:

@lettice this hasn't worked either unfortunately

Did your WAN ip change?

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@lettice just a note these days Sky's WAN IP addresses dont switch as quickly as they once did.  I checked with Sky and was told to allow an hour to get a new address. However with full fibre I have left for longer than that and still had the same address  .

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Chrisee wrote:

@lettice just a note these days Sky's WAN IP addresses dont switch as quickly as they once did.  I checked with Sky and was told to allow an hour to get a new address. However with full fibre I have left for longer than that and still had the same address  .

Odd, done this load of time over the years and do it quite regularly, say at least once a month, always does it in ten minutes.
Tried last night and this morning and each time ten mins did the trick.
Im on Sky Brodanand Ultrafast+ and no issues as before with dsl.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@lettice just relaying the comment I got from Sky when I asked after several forum reports of issues with IP4 addresses not changing after a brief disconnection.

It may depend on the load on the node the connection is made through.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion