Discussion topic: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gateway

This message was authored by VRyan This message was authored by: VRyan

Re: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

@Terry_EPH 

I seem to be having the same issue, when speaking with Sky technical, they have no knowledge of the problems, stating that it must be a fault on the EPH Ember App, I've even had the engineer that installed the system, even they are at a loss, I've left a message with EPH contact they use to see if it can be sorted. 

This message was authored by Terry_EPH This message was authored by: Terry_EPH

Re: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

Hi @VRyan 

Thanks for posting, Sky are aware of the issue, you will see if you scroll back this thread. Its not affecting every user so its likely that not every agent is aware.  However, we have been in touch with a Sky Engineer and are liaising with them at present and awaiting a solution.

We are hoping for a resolution soon, we expect that it should just reconnect by itself.

We will notify users as soon as we have another update.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Morning Everyone

Thank you for those of you who've contributed to this thread, making us aware of the problem.

We are still investigating the issue at the highest priority and as soon as I have more information to share, I will post here.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by adamtjames88 This message was authored by: adamtjames88

Hi @KevNewMedia @Terry_EPH , mine appears to have started working overnight? Not sure if something has changed or it's just randomly come back on like before?

Thanks for the update @KevNewMedia 

Hi @adamtjames88 this is positive.  We have a few users whose service is like this, intermittently working.  Please keep us updated as to your experience and  try to avoid repeating any pairing processes etc.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@Terry_EPH wrote:

Thanks for the update @KevNewMedia 

I've sent you a private message @Terry_EPH 😀

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
Lonalaming
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lonalaming This message was authored by: Lonalaming

Hi all. So I have tried turning off the shield but still not connecting.    Not sure where to go with this now as seem to be getting no where fast

This message was authored by JonathanBerry This message was authored by: JonathanBerry

We have same issue today too.

Tried to connect to router and it just won't have it despite strong WiFi signal.

Have tried to check up to date software on router and can't log into that either to check.

Just hopeless... 

Been told its a Sky issue and it's being looked into but doesn't help us end users who have paid for a totally unreliable system.

This message was authored by Wendyclancy This message was authored by: Wendyclancy

Re: Ihave the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

Any update as still not working 

This message was authored by PC49 This message was authored by: PC49

No idea why. Mine has been working now for a week. 

This message was authored by Gandair This message was authored by: Gandair

I came across this post while trying to research this problem on the net. For your info I've a vodaphone router and this has been a recurring problem for me over the last two months. Ember app people didn't resolve it It seemed to rectify itself under this week when 'socket error' has be cropping up every day 

Hi @Gandair 

Thanks for your comment. 'Socket error' refers to a different error which is usually related to the devices location and not a broadband or Sky issue.  [removed]

Community Manager note: Removed as breaks Community T&Cs 2.4 a)

This message was authored by Buzz1 This message was authored by: Buzz1

Just to add more numbers,my ember EPH heating thermostat system has developed the same fault,after running fine for a couple of months.To be fair our heating engineer has been great trying to sort it out,but to no avail.Sky has sent us a new router,no different .So just using on the manual setting and waiting for action from sky .

This message was authored by BillyJ This message was authored by: BillyJ

I have just came across the same problem and cannot pair my Wi-Fi to my EPH controller.

Hopefully this can be resolved soon.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion