Discussion topic: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gateway

This message was authored by BillyJ This message was authored by: BillyJ

Re: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

Mine has stopped working again. Someone at Sky needs to get this sorted. It is Winter 😞

This message was authored by JonathanBerry This message was authored by: JonathanBerry

Re: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

So after working for 2 days and having set up zones again we are now back to no connection and a flashing green light..

Just hopeless..

This message was authored by adamtjames88 This message was authored by: adamtjames88

@adamtjames88 wrote:

After working for a week or so my hub has started flashing green again, not sure if related but we had to turn off the power to the router while an electrician moved a plug socket so it could be related to the the WiFi being turned on and off

To test this I have turned off my wifi for an entire day and reconnected but no change and it isn't working again. I've also changed sky broadband shied again and no luck.

Is there any chance of a timescale from sky as to when something might be worked out? Like someone else said it's winter and we have freezing weather but I can't control my heating effectively.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@adamtjames88 Sky are apparently rolloing back the firmware which appears to have been the problem so leave your hub connected so it doesnt miss the change which is initiated by Sky.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We're grateful for the forum feedback that alerted us to the software issue impacting some smart home products. Our team has worked diligently to understand and resolve this. The root cause was traced to a recent software update.

As some of you noticed, we've initiated a rollback to a previous software version on many devices. We will be rolling back Sky and NOW devices; rest assured this should be completed in the coming days – keep an eye out.

Your routers will receive this update automatically, so we recommend keeping them on overnight for the best results. In some cases, devices like the WarmUp may require a restart to reconnect effectively after the update.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance in helping us to resolve this problem.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Terry_EPH This message was authored by: Terry_EPH

Hi @KevNewMedia 

Thanks to your team for their work on getting this issue resolved.

Input from Sky customers and the Sky community forum was invaluable here, so thanks to all from the EMBER team.

Terry

My unit is still not connecting. I have also tried to pair again. This is really getting so frustrating.

Am I missing something?

Started working again this evening. Fingers crossed it won't stop working again 🙂

Spoke too soon. Not connecting again.

This intermittent fault is very frustrating.

Really hope a permanent fix will be found to address this.

Anyone else still having problems?

This message was authored by Stim07 This message was authored by: Stim07

@Lonalaming wrote:

The ember app allows you to control the heating from your phone.   It stopped connecting last weekend and I can't get it to reconnect 

Hello all, since my first involvement in this thread (post 8 & 9 on 14th November), I am pleased to discover I have finally managed to connect my gateway to my WiFi and all is working well. Thanks to @Terry_EPH for getting involved in the discussion which I'm sure has helped speed up the process and @KevNewMedia for the updates. I will obviously come back here if anything changes and hope everyone else gets connected soon. 

This message was authored by Simonardern This message was authored by: Simonardern

Hi there, 

Sorry to put a spanner in the works, but mine was working fine the ember app and gateway, till 2 days ago, looks like when they rolled out the new firmware update ours has stopped working? 

Any help or suggestions?

This message was authored by PC49 This message was authored by: PC49

@BillyJ message 9th December.

Like you...

MINE CAME BACK AND WORKED FOR 24 HRS.

Then...

IT'S OFF AGAIN !!!

THIS IS NOT GOOD!

@Terry_EPH 

Please see my last message it's off again

Qkevnewmedia

Please see my issue pc49

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion