Discussion topic: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gateway

This message was authored by Simonardern This message was authored by: Simonardern

Re: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

Not going to help much, but mine just reconnected on its own yesterday, I had reset everything so not sure how it knew. Had tried the setup with Google phone, I phone and even the sky guys mobile yesterday with no luck, he was here for another reason, WiFi dropping out due to ? Interference. I had thought the problems were linked but seems not after finding this thread yesterday. Been almost 24 hrs now and still connecting, so really have no idea what fixed it, don't think it was anything I did.

This message was authored by BillyJ This message was authored by: BillyJ

Re: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

Mine has started working again for the third time. Hopefully it will keep working. 
it reconnected during the night.

This message was authored by Eilish3 This message was authored by: Eilish3

Mine still doesn't work. I even had a new gateway box sent to me.  Plugged it in, still only flashing green. Tried the setup but no broadband connection 😞 I'm heartily sick of it.

This message was authored by PC49 This message was authored by: PC49

Mine is still off. 

Tomorrow I'm ringing the Ember people.

They are very approachable. 

I need from them the technical words I need when write to the CEOs office at Sky.

As customers we have purchased a product which has worked perfectly well for some time using our broadband supplied by SKY.

Due to some adjustments by SKY we can no longer use the EMBER product.

We have waited patiently for a promised fix from SKY in my case that fix materialised and now is again not working..

This message was authored by JonathanBerry This message was authored by: JonathanBerry

Ours is back on again tonight with no intervention by us.

How long for... who knows..

@JonathanBerry  thank you. Good luck.

Spoke with Kev@  SKY

It's working again it came on early this morning  flashing green light now solid.

Thank you Kev.

Thanks to all the empathetic messages from others in the forum.

Let's hope we all have a great.                 Ember - SKY CHRISTMAS 

This message was authored by Eilish3 This message was authored by: Eilish3

Mine is still happily flashing green.  😡😡😡

This message was authored by Wendyclancy This message was authored by: Wendyclancy

Hi I am so frustrated the app for ember is still not working. This has gone on far too long. Can someone please help? 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wendyclancy restart your Sky hub by disconnecting the power for a few seconds as thst msy fix your system. If it doesn't check the firmware version of your Sky hub is running as most people have found their heating works once the hub has rolled back to the earlier 04 version from 05. Quite easy to do type 192.168.0.1 into a browser when the landing page loads you should see the firmware version if you can't click on maintanance log in with the username admin and the password which is sky for tge flat type of hub or the wifi password on the label for the upright ones.

If you are still on the 05 version please post again as Sky needs to take action if on 04 I would call Ember support.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Wendyclancy This message was authored by: Wendyclancy

@Chrisee 

Hi Chrisee Thanh you for your reply I have followed your instructions but I can not get into maintenance with the my Wi-Fi code or the code you have given.

I have the stand up hub.

any further suggestions 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Wendyclancy unles somebody has changed the admin password the wifi password on the label is correct but if you are using an iPhone it often wont work if that applies use another device if you have one if not use Chrome rather than Safari

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Whey bloody whey managed to get mine started, well actually I didn't, but a friend who's well up with tech did.  They couldn't believe how complicated it was.  After doing everything we were  advised to do it still couldn't get any zones.   2 hours  later he  sussed out that the box was not connected to the one next to the boiler so if anyone is still having problems try that and all lights on the box in the house should be lit not just the green one.  Hope this can help someone else.

This message was authored by Steph2201 This message was authored by: Steph2201

Hi, we are having a lot of trouble with our Ember App.

our heating is coming on randomly even though it is not set to. When we go to switch it off on the app, it says 'socket error'. We have been to the boiler to turn the zone off but that still didnt work.

also our water on the app says 35degs but on the boiler and on the tank it says 50degs.

please could somebody help us?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Steph2201 

Those sound like issues relating to the heating system itself, not the interaction between the app and a broadband connection.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion