Discussion topic: Intermittent or no WIFI connection on Hub Max. All test good and show devices connected

This message was authored by MRS-JULIE This message was authored by: MRS-JULIE

Intermittent or no WIFI connection on Hub Max. All test good and show devices connected

Hi hope I can get some help. I had previously been advised by Sky that the white Max Hub would be all singing and dancing compared to the one I had previously. Which isnt the case. I cant connect my phone to the wifi my TV and Firestick constantly struggling and I work from home and it's becoming pretty painful. I had run the test and apparently all came up good. I had paid extra on my previous contract the extra £5 a month to cover wifi in all rooms and had no issues at all. But like I had said I had been convinced that what I have recently purchased was far better. 

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me resolve my issues. 

Thanks Julie

All Replies

This message was authored by CoffeeDrinker This message was authored by: CoffeeDrinker

Re: Intermittent or no WIFI connection on Hub Max. All test good and show devices connected

Am I right in assuming you have the white WiFi Max router?

If so,, the router is WiFi 6, meaning it will perform better when under load - if you have several devices on WiFi all attempting to use the internet at the same time, the router is less likely to buckle under the strain. This is particularly true for devices that also use WiFi 5 such as recent smartphones, Sky Glass & Sky Stream pucks  etc. In this respect, WiFi Max is better than the regular Sky Broadband Hib.

What the WifI Max router doesn't do is have better range or signal strength than the regular Sky Broadband Hub router. Are the devices that you are having trouble getting a reliable connection with in another room or on another floor to your WiFi Max router?

If so, you may well benefit from a WiFi Max Pod which will extend the range of the WiFi Max router and will impreove signal strength and overall speed to the rest of your address. If you call Sky, they should be able to guide you through doing WiFi speed tests and help decide if a Pod would help. If so, they;ll send you one and you plug it in around halfway between the WiFI Max hub and the furthest room you need reliable connectivity in.

Sky Glass & Streak Puck customer w/Sky Entertainments & Netflix, Sky Cinema, Whole Home & UHD/Dolby Atmos add-on.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion