Discussion topic: LOS light is red!

This message was authored by Moog This message was authored by: Moog

LOS light is red!

LOS light red, no internet. The Fibre has been crap from the get go wishing I had another option than sky. 

All Replies

This message was authored by DisplayName8 This message was authored by: DisplayName8

Re: LOS light is red!

Same issue for me. 21:00, all connectivity stopped, checked NTU, LOS. My sky app is useless, says all ok and that it can connect to my hub.  Says that even if you unplug it.  Had no end of issues since moving to Sky. 

This message was authored by yuri1 This message was authored by: yuri1

same issue from 8:35 pm

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@yuri1 @Moog @DisplayName8 the red LOS light means there is an issue with the optical signal to your ONT ie a fault in the Openreach network from you to the exchange.. if it isnt back up this morning give Sky a call to report it. 

Full fibre is very much more reliable than broadband over copper but perople dig up fibre lines, poles get damaged  and exchange equipment fails occasionally. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion