Discussion topic: Loss of Broadband Connection

This message was authored by the_logans This message was authored by: the_logans

Loss of Broadband Connection

Having recently moved from BT to Sky for broadband services, it is disappointing that the first time there is an issue with the broadband connecrtion that Sky are forecasting 9 days to send an Openreach engineer to investigage the issue, which took over an hour to sort on the phone and then for us to call back after being cut off.

This is a ridiculous situation and will impact our ability to work next week as we both work from home and rely on broadband to do so.  

It seems strange that when I was a BT customer that engineer visits could be arranged within 24hrs of reporting an issue, but this is not the case with Sky.

Suppose I will need to review provider options for TV and Broadband going forward if Sky are unable to provide an acceptable service.

Has anyone else expereinced a similar issue and if so any tips on how to get it resolved in an acceptable timeframe?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Loss of Broadband Connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@the_logans wrote:

when I was a BT customer that engineer visits could be arranged within 24hrs of reporting an issue

Not at this time of year though: the next working day for Openreach on individual domestic fault finding and repair is Jan 2nd (3rd in Scotland) for any of their ISP clients, and the combination of Xmas staff shortages and Bank Holidays with a succession of named storms is likely to have resulted in an additional backlog of currently open issues.

BT as an ISP is specifically not permitted to gain competitive advantage from the continued ownership of Openreach by BT Group, and Ofcom would be very upset if they did so.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion