Discussion topic: New order issue. Order placed yesterday, but more texts came through this am.

This message was authored by CharliePlumb This message was authored by: CharliePlumb

New order issue. Order placed yesterday, but more texts came through this am.

Hello everyone!

So.. here goes.

We placed an order last night for broadband at our new house. The date was given as the 25th of April. The status of the DSL checker said that it's just a one-stage install. The order backed this up by saying no one needed to attend the property.

Then this morning, we got a text message saying "Unfortunately we're unable to complete your order, please call (bt number - had to remove as system thought it was a personal number..)

The account is actually in the name of my partner, and we've tried to add me as a manager on the account, but despite using two different email addresses, the email for confirmation just hasn't yet arrived.

This is the result of the DSL checker.

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process WBC FTTP Up to 1000 Up to 220 -- Available KCI2 Assure
Other Offerings Availability Date VDSL Multicast Available
I noticed that on the page above where you select address, the address is there twice, one of which has an identifier at the end after the WW abbreviation (Westwood Database). I used to work for BT so have some understanding of it/the processes.

Then, about 10 minutes later, we got another text message from Openreach.

TLDR of it is as follows:
1) Once you have access to the property, set up the hub.
2) Please reply to this text to CONFIRM the activation on the given date (25/04/2024).

I'm going to assume that they will need to talk to her? As it won't let us add me as manager on the account - the email just never comes through :/. Obviously, I can provide her full name, dob, address, new address, mobile number, email, the account password, and package we've chosen. you get the idea..

She has a huge phobia of the phones as well as working late so this is type of thing is left to me to sort.

It IS a new build, however, it's correctly registered on the database OR use and the head of the construction/site confirmed that the wiring is all done. FTTP is showing as available - as I pasted above.

It is VITAL that we have internet, one for her kids, but most importantly my work! The site is a little bit rural and the phone signal is also bad - so we can't tether reliably either 😕

Do you have any thoughts on this at all, please?

Will Sky talk to me - based on the fact I know everything and she is my partner?

Best Answers
CharliePlumb
Topic Author
This message was authored by CharliePlumb This message was authored by: CharliePlumb Answer

Re: New order issue. Order placed yesterday, but more texts came through this am.

Hello,

This can be closed.

The order itself was fine, and the date would've been met. The issue? We clicked the little box to retain the telephone number. Rather than make contact and advise that we'll need a new number due to it being on a different exchange they just nuked the order and they sent us a text saying it couldn't be completed -- but no reason as to why.

Personally, I don't understand this way of thinking. It's not like by going with another provider I'd be able to keep the phone number, even if it was sentimental or financially a problem to lose. We NEED broadband at the new place so it's not like we could do anything but accept another number.

I called them when the text above came in. The lady I spoke to was super reluctant to cancel the order - I suspect, in part, becuase it would go against her stats, but this really was a no-save situation. The back end order had been cancelled and all that was left was Sky's billing system. I too used to work in the same role at BT and it always sucked to get one of these... but that's life.

The lady said she would give me a call back the next day (today). She didn't bother. I agreed to the callback figuring that she'd potentially at least get some commission from it to make up for the cancelled one.

I tried to order online again as suggested -- at this point, it's been more than 24 hours. No dice.

I called to find out if there was a problem with the previous order still being in place,. potentially blocking the new one. Could I get an answer? No. I did, however, get the largest dose of attitude I've had in quite some time from the chap on the phone.

Anyway, the rant is over.

EE now has a new customer. It would've been nice to get the £90 voucher for being with Sky, however I value the colour of my hair, as well as how much of it there is. If I can't even get an order placed through an incentivised sales channel the very thought of trying to get technical help in the future really concerned me.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: New order issue. Order placed yesterday, but more texts came through this am.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CharliePlumb answering the last point Sky can only talk to the account holder due to the GDPR but normally you can be authorised to act during the call and take over the call. Sky do not routinely use wifi for customer support..

Nobody can guarantee that a new service will be installed and working on a specific day especially on a brand new line as not everything always works as planned. What do the first few lines of the notes under the table tell you as the KC12 implies a more complex install requiring s pre-install survey.

You are buying a domestic service from Sky so there is priority for working from home. Personally I would have a plan B in case it goes wrong. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
CharliePlumb
Topic Author
This message was authored by CharliePlumb This message was authored by: CharliePlumb

KCI2 just means it's committed for a date unless there are other problems.

18.3 KCI overview � Fulfilment
KCIs indicate key milestones during the progression of a WBC order. The following KCIs are supported:
KCI1 = Acknowledged - an order line is being progressed.
KCI2 = Committed - a CPD has been calculated
KCI3 = Completed - an order line has been fulfilled.

Just on a three-way call now to work out what's going on.

CharliePlumb
Topic Author

Also, just FYI as forgot to add to previous post.

I get the same KCI2 message on my address, which already has FTTP installed. I think it's literally just means a survery is done and they know the cost to deliver it.

CharliePlumb
Topic Author
This message was authored by CharliePlumb This message was authored by: CharliePlumb Answer

Hello,

This can be closed.

The order itself was fine, and the date would've been met. The issue? We clicked the little box to retain the telephone number. Rather than make contact and advise that we'll need a new number due to it being on a different exchange they just nuked the order and they sent us a text saying it couldn't be completed -- but no reason as to why.

Personally, I don't understand this way of thinking. It's not like by going with another provider I'd be able to keep the phone number, even if it was sentimental or financially a problem to lose. We NEED broadband at the new place so it's not like we could do anything but accept another number.

I called them when the text above came in. The lady I spoke to was super reluctant to cancel the order - I suspect, in part, becuase it would go against her stats, but this really was a no-save situation. The back end order had been cancelled and all that was left was Sky's billing system. I too used to work in the same role at BT and it always sucked to get one of these... but that's life.

The lady said she would give me a call back the next day (today). She didn't bother. I agreed to the callback figuring that she'd potentially at least get some commission from it to make up for the cancelled one.

I tried to order online again as suggested -- at this point, it's been more than 24 hours. No dice.

I called to find out if there was a problem with the previous order still being in place,. potentially blocking the new one. Could I get an answer? No. I did, however, get the largest dose of attitude I've had in quite some time from the chap on the phone.

Anyway, the rant is over.

EE now has a new customer. It would've been nice to get the £90 voucher for being with Sky, however I value the colour of my hair, as well as how much of it there is. If I can't even get an order placed through an incentivised sales channel the very thought of trying to get technical help in the future really concerned me.

This message was authored by simon194 This message was authored by: simon194

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chrisee wrote:

@CharliePlumb answering the last point Sky can only talk to the account holder due to the GDPR but normally you can be authorised to act during the call and take over the call. Sky do not routinely use wifi for customer support..

Nobody can guarantee that a new service will be installed and working on a specific day especially on a brand new line as not everything always works as planned. What do the first few lines of the notes under the table tell you as the KC12 implies a more complex install requiring s pre-install survey.

You are buying a domestic service from Sky so there is priority for working from home. Personally I would have a plan B in case it goes wrong. 

Another thing to add is if moving to a new address and and already with Sky it's not possible to keep the original number even if the new property was on the same exchange and as the 'Keep number' box was accidentally ticked, that kills the order off.

I'm assuming this was a new order instead of a 'Home move' which would have been easier.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion