Discussion topic: Not even 4 days with Sky, on the 4th outage

This message was authored by Kjhuge This message was authored by: Kjhuge

Not even 4 days with Sky, on the 4th outage

Was with BT for 2 years, not a single outage. Been with Sky since Monday and just had our 4th WiFi outage. I work from home and do out of hours, this is a joke, no consistency at all. Glad I'm still in my cancellation period. Might be cheaper, but definitely much worse. Returning to BT.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Not even 4 days with Sky, on the 4th outage

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kjhuge 

At that time of night it could be maintenance taking place. This is carried out overnight to keep disruption to a minimum as most customers are asleep. If it is returning before the morning that woukd also suggest maintenance. I'm afraid as Sky provides a domestic set up wfh has no bearing. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Not even 4 days with Sky, on the 4th outage

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kjhuge given both BT and Sky use the same Openreach line it could just be down to luck. As pointed out loss of service after midnight is often down to work being required to upgrade the equipment. Brief loss of service in the early hours is normal on services over copper as the equipment optimises the line to give the fastest stable service.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion