Discussion topic: Sky box unable to connect to router

This message was authored by Mr+rightxx This message was authored by: Mr+rightxx

Sky box unable to connect to router

Why is it but every few months my sky q box disconnects from the internet i currently have net as im writing this discussion so it's nothing to do with the internet as such.

I know when it's not connected when  the home screen dosent show anyh content anxd im also unable to use any of my streaming apps.

I never had this problem at my old address and it seems to be more prominet since i've upgraded my internet.

I can solve the problem by either turning the box off and doing a reboot but it should just connect when i try and connect it from just the sky box itself.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky box unable to connect to router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mr+rightxx the issue will almost certainly be a marginal wifi signal. Give Sky a call after the holiday as it pointless calling today and report the issue with your Q box they will either send you a booster or arrange for an engineer to come out . If they send a booster plug it in halfway between where your Sky hub is and the Q box as the unit requires a good wifi signal to operate. Also ensure all wifi units are not under other kit or in a cupboard.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Mr+rightxx
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mr+rightxx This message was authored by: Mr+rightxx

@Chrisee thanks for your reply the house we are at is a new build 2 years old and i cant understand why bt have put all the connections under the cupboard stairs 🤔 so i always thought that this would be the problem.

But it's just strange why it cant reconnect it's fine once i restart the box. This will then run fine for a few months and then we will be back to square one again.

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@Mr+rightxx 

If you are in a new build, perhaps the builder has wired data points in all of your rooms

and back to that central cupboard, these are RJ45 connection sockets that you would see in a room

and multiple sockets in the cupboard.

If you are fortunate to have this, then a pair or Cat5E patch cables will allow you to move the router

to a far better location.

Have a look and see if this applies for you.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion