Discussion topic: Keep getting emails and SMS saying "Unable to start Broadband"

This message was authored by Howler1987 This message was authored by: Howler1987

Keep getting emails and SMS saying "Unable to start Broadband"

Hi All,

This is a bit of a weird one. I had Full Fibre installed on the 28th December. Sky engineer visited, did all the necessary things, this was followed up by an Openreach Engineer attending and completing the installation.

For some reason however, I keep getting emails and SMS saying the below.

Thanks for ordering Sky Broadband and Talk. We're trying to get you up and running as soon as possible and we're really sorry about the delay to your original activation date of 28 December.

Unfortunately, the engineer couldn't start your installation.It's important that you call us within 14 days of the above appointment date to ensure that we don't cancel your order.

Will they realise eventually that it's been completed? Trying to get hold of someone at Sky is like pulling teeth, and their Virtual Agent is as much use as a chocolate teapot. Last thing I want is to be charged for a cancellation when the jobs been completed successfully.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Keep getting emails and SMS saying "Unable to start Broadband"

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Howler1987 I have escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch offering an online chat through the forum to sort this for you. Keeo an eye open for an email and forum message but if you miss thst a chat icon should be added to the forum for you to use.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Howler1987 
The escalation process, which we could normally use to help you, is now unavailable until Wednesday 3rd January. In the meantime if you want to call Sky we’ve been informed that the phone lines will be open:
New Years Eve ~ 0900 til 1800
New Years Day ~ 0800 til 2100
Other days will be normal hours.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Howler1987
Topic Author
This message was authored by Howler1987 This message was authored by: Howler1987

Waited until 0900 and phone lines are still closed. The automated message just keeps hanging up on me. 

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@Howler1987 

I just tested 150 on landline, phone system is up, you need to have the patience of a saint

to get through the system, using landline is better, as your phone ID let's sky know more detail..

Good luck, but as you say call them you don't want to take the chance of an issue.

Limited advisors also due to the holiday period and everyone working from home?????

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Howler1987 given this is a nuisance rather than anactive issue leave it until Tuesday when Sky open fully.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Howler1987
Topic Author

I finally managed to get through and spoke to someone. Turns out Openreach haven't completed the job from their end so it's still showing as open and active. FML. It's up to Openreach now to complete the job from their end, but the lady I spoke to was helpful and is going to contact them.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion