Discussion topic: Slow Broadband Speeds on all devices

This message was authored by Surbhi This message was authored by: Surbhi

Slow Broadband Speeds on all devices

Hi,

Over the last week or so the broadband connection has been terrible after being stable for a long while.

It started late last week when connection to the Internet would be intermittently lost and when it did reconnect, it was very slow. At times this week I've woken up to completely no connection. Over the past couple of days it's been more stable (not disconnecting) but incredibly slow, which is very frustrating as I usually work from home 2/3 times a week but now I can't attend calls or meetings. It's fine to go into the office which I've had to do this week but not it's not okay when I'm paying for broadband and not getting the speeds. 

I figured this is not an isolated issue and my sister who is also with Sky had been having the same issues. Along with that I've also read numerous posts on the forum from people complaining about the same issues.

I've seen requests from the community support team to post the router stats so I'll provide mine in advance.Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 19.09.26.png

Please can someone help quickly, if not, I will be forced to look to for another provider.  

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Slow Broadband Speeds on all devices

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Surbhi  There is something seriously going on with your line. What speeds are you supposed to get between?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Surbhi
Topic Author

It's Sky Broadband Superfast... ironically 😕

Surbhi
Topic Author

I actually can't find that much information on it but I found the following on https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-sky-broadband-questions-answered

Sky Broadband Superfast – Average download speeds of 59Mb/s, it’s perfect for binge watching your favourite shows.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Surbhi  That number is the national average. Run the test in the link below and it should tell you what speed you are supposed to get between.

Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

Surbhi
Topic Author

I found this which I suppose states that I should be getting a guaranteed 43.3Mb/s. I'll attach the screenshot if that helps to assist. Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 21.07.31.png

I have also unplugged my router for a minute or so before plugging it back in and waiting for the connection to return. Still no change as of yet though.

Surbhi
Topic Author

I will add that I just ran the service checker and it recognised a fault and recommended to have an engineer come and have a inspect the issue at the property. I've had to book them to come and visit on Tuesday next week. Fingers crossed!

@Surbhi  That is good news that you are getting out an engineer and hope they can find the fault for you. I did see that your minimum was 43 mb/s. So you are well off that mark.

Do come back on this thread and let us know what the outcome of the engineer visit.

Surbhi
Topic Author

Will do! Thank you for your help! 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion