Discussion topic: TalkTalk have managed to block our SKY ROUTER, claiming missed payments, but we never had TalkTalk.

This message was authored by critfall This message was authored by: critfall

TalkTalk have managed to block our SKY ROUTER, claiming missed payments, but we never had TalkTalk.

To clarify, I am not the owner of this contract, and my name is not mentioned on any papers that my family has with Sky.

I have come back from a small holiday, and my father has just let me know that our internet has been blocked, and when I tried to access it, it would ask me to sign in on my phone, which I pressed on the notification, which it then gave me the notice attached below this paragraph.

critfall_0-1703973268796.jpeg

We have never had ANY relations or connections to TalkTalk, but we have had various issues in the past relating to our connections and random cutouts. A Sky engineer did say it was something about the "Voice Protocol" and that cable connections may be conflicting with eachother. 

Any responses would help greatly, as this is already hitting us fairly hard.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: TalkTalk have managed to block our SKY ROUTER, claiming missed payments, but we never had TalkTa

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@critfall that is a strange one but given Sky cannot talk to anyone other than the account holder you may havecto wait until your father can call - they.are not being difficult it is a legal requirement.  It is possibe its a scam message so running a security suite sweep might clear it, i find Malware bytes very effective.

The only other thing I can suggest is to power down the hub for an hour and repower it which should give you a new public IP address. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: TalkTalk have managed to block our SKY ROUTER, claiming missed payments, but we never had TalkTa

@critfall 

The site you refer to is a captive portal and likely owing to the father having logged into a TalkTalk customer wireless router that is restricted, please confirm that the father is selecting the correct wireless system for their Sky broadband.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion