Discussion topic: The connecter does not fit the wall socket

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

Re: The connecter does not fit the wall socket

@Luctram Have you recieved a text message from sky stating that your activation is now live?

If you log into your sky account with a mobile device, what does it say in your orders section?

And link to run from your mobile device.

Setting up your Sky hub | Sky Help | Sky.com

Luctram
Topic Author
This message was authored by Luctram This message was authored by: Luctram

Hi Jim, i got the message they said it activated yesterday and when i log into my acc it show up setting up your Sky Hub - which sky hub do you have? Then nothing @JimM1 

@Luctram So from the link that i sent you, it takes you to sky help for setting up the router off which YOU have the NEW Sky Max Hub, but i have the older Sky Broadband Hub. The principle connection is the same for both, apart from YOU have to DOWNLOAD the app to a mobile device to operate/change etc.

You have connected everything 100% correct from the pictures that you posted now that you added the filter, it is and older BT style socket, and there are a few different models through the ages. The new method for connection is regarding having a landline telephone, which now plugs into the Rear of your router INSTEAD of the filter connection, but as you are NOT using a house telephone then this does not matter.

There is 2 parts to this installation, First the telephone line from the Exchange which ends up on that wall mounted socket were you are plugging the filter into, is controlled by OR (openreach), this may have been disconnected outside of your premises, and there is absolutely nothing that you can do about that, YOU have to call sky who will GET it fixed, This is all part of the installation the man from (OR) goes and connects the wiring, and sometimes mistakes are made, UNLESS you know he was there at the house/flat and said, ok checked with my test equipment and the LINE is good.

Second, sky sent you the box with the router/cables/ etc, this is the self install 2nd part, and you have done your part by plugging it in.

So texts would go like this, you get from OR were doing and fixing your line etc, can all be remote, your good to go. Second from sky, your activation is now complete, you can now plug in your hub and you are good to go. But issues can happen at any point.  Going to start a second page for you now.

@Luctram On your New Max hub, single led, colours indicate condition, white is the good one, yours looks like it is RED and if it does not go white say after 3mins from switching on then ISSUE.

You could have a failed activation, but it can take upto Midnight from your text before it all works.

When you log into your MySky app THAT you have to DOWNLOAD to your mobile (and i dont need to do that because older model for me), your account shows everything, there is a service checker that can and will test the connection. Also and this is what i think you will have to do, is find on the page, i need more help, which will show you the sky customer number to call, then YOU need to call them to report a failed activation, the agent that you are speaking to will be able to look and see what is going on.

Post back and let us no how it is going and how it is resolved.

You may wake up this morning, and everything is good, WHITE light on your Router. 

@Luctram And finally if you have the new FTTP fibre to the premises then all off the above is wrong.

Some people who leave have been taking the OR equipment called an ONT, if you search you will find a picture on this forum, if that is the case, then you need to look around your house to find were it was.

And we can cross that bridge if we need too.

Regards

@Luctram And if you need all about the led's for checking.

Lights on your Sky hub explaine | Sky Help | Sky.com

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion