Discussion topic: Whats the difference between sky wifi max and sky boost?

This message was authored by Laura+A This message was authored by: Laura+A

Whats the difference between sky wifi max and sky boost?

I'm looking at upgrading to sky wifi max, I have sky broadband boost. What is the difference? I know max has parental controls, which will be great for when the kids don't do their housework. But will max give better speeds? Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by CoffeeDrinker This message was authored by: CoffeeDrinker Answer

Re: Whats the difference between sky wifi max and sky boost?

just moved from Boost to WiFI Max here.

Boost is mostly daily line checks and out of hours engineer visits with no extra surchage.

WiFi Max is a new router that supports WiFi 6 and WPA3 security/encryption. WiFi 6 can support more concurrent WiFi device connections for devices that support WiFi 6 as well (Sky Glass & Stream, recent iPhones etc) without the WiFi choking or slowing down. The range, speed and signal power is otherwise the same as the previous SR203 Skybroadband Hub.

WiFi Max also supports a mesh WiFi network when used with one or more boosters, which can extend the range of the WiFi network and devices (phones, laptops etc) will happily move tot he nearest WiFi booster when walking around the house.

WiFi max is administered via the My Sky app, allowing devices to be grouped and network connectivity scheduled (eg kids tablets' WiFi connections turned off at bedtime whilst leaving streaming TV devices working). 

Sky Glass & Streak Puck customer w/Sky Entertainments & Netflix, Sky Cinema, Whole Home & UHD/Dolby Atmos add-on.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by CoffeeDrinker This message was authored by: CoffeeDrinker Answer

just moved from Boost to WiFI Max here.

Boost is mostly daily line checks and out of hours engineer visits with no extra surchage.

WiFi Max is a new router that supports WiFi 6 and WPA3 security/encryption. WiFi 6 can support more concurrent WiFi device connections for devices that support WiFi 6 as well (Sky Glass & Stream, recent iPhones etc) without the WiFi choking or slowing down. The range, speed and signal power is otherwise the same as the previous SR203 Skybroadband Hub.

WiFi Max also supports a mesh WiFi network when used with one or more boosters, which can extend the range of the WiFi network and devices (phones, laptops etc) will happily move tot he nearest WiFi booster when walking around the house.

WiFi max is administered via the My Sky app, allowing devices to be grouped and network connectivity scheduled (eg kids tablets' WiFi connections turned off at bedtime whilst leaving streaming TV devices working). 

Sky Glass & Streak Puck customer w/Sky Entertainments & Netflix, Sky Cinema, Whole Home & UHD/Dolby Atmos add-on.
Laura+A
Topic Author
This message was authored by Laura+A This message was authored by: Laura+A

Thank you very much. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion