Discussion topic: Wifi not working but test say it ok

This message was authored by holly71 This message was authored by: holly71

Wifi not working but test say it ok

Wifi not working, tests say it is and all green lights on. However it won't connect to any devices.

All Replies

This message was authored by Peggles This message was authored by: Peggles

Re: Wifi not working but test say it ok

I'm having the same problem,  all lights are on , just done a test but still nothing , I'm putting it down the the flippin weather here 

This message was authored by BSP1 This message was authored by: BSP1

Mine was working fine yesterday having had an engineer fit an ONT box in at around 1pm. Tested everything and was working well. But as of 19:00 yesterday I have had no internet. Have tried turning things off and on, the lights on the ONT and Router next to it are all showing as okay too. 

My phone has the WiFi bars but states that I'm not connected to the internet. I was on the phone to them yesterday for about 40 minutes before I was hung up on as "diagnostics was being performed" and I'll be ringing them

first thing this morning once the lines open. 

Am I missing a trick here?

This message was authored by VHB This message was authored by: VHB

Same here, getting pop uos all over rhe plCw to say no onternet, wofo sqys its fine amd yet no connecrions etc 

holly71
Topic Author
This message was authored by holly71 This message was authored by: holly71

And as if like magic all back working this morning, I am convinced there us some maintenence that goes on during the night they we don't know about as this has happened before with no explanation then all of a sudden works in the morning.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@holly71 no magic as loss of service after midnight is very frequently caused by overnight maintenance work. The test result was from a routine test run earlier yesterday. 

Anyone whose line is down this morning has a fault which needs reporting to Sky but where the servicecis back there is hopefully nothing to worry about 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion