Discussion topic: range of the Internet

This message was authored by Anitka1 This message was authored by: Anitka1

range of the Internet

Hello, is there anyone here who could help? when it comes to (sky's help), it's a drama, I'm just waiting for the contract to end and not sign another one. Since I have the Internet on Sky, I have had only problems, the Internet disconnects on my console where I can't use it, on my TV, on my phone, not to mention the speed. I reported this problem but no one bothers to help, you just have to pay for the subscription and nothing else.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: range of the Internet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anitka1 the service you buy from Sky is a connection to your Sky hub at a minimum speed. That hub does offer connections to your devices either by ising Wifi or by ethernet cables. In many homes a single internet hub wont provide fast Wifi connection in every room especially to stream video on a TV or to play on line games on a console.

Sky offer two extra bundles to improve wifi coversge the first is Broadband Boost at £5 per month which will give you a number of extras including a simple wifi booster if you ask for one. Boosters can help if forcexample you want better signal in a room on the other side of the home. You install it halfway between where the hub is and that room.The second bundle is Wifi Max at £7.50 a monththis is a newer system and gives you a new hub and can provide up to 3 pod extenders if an engineer agrees you need them but it is not compatable with Sky's Q TV boxes.

. Alternatively you can buy your own kit and use that which is what I do myself. If you decidecto do that it's worth posting somecdetails of your current problem. It is likely if you switch away  from Sky your new ISP's  router wont be thst much better as all ofvthem are much of a muchness.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Anitka1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Anitka1 This message was authored by: Anitka1

Re: zasięg Internetu

I apologize greatly, I have a Sky router in the living room where I have a TV and a console, the internet keeps disconnecting even though the console is connected via cable. It shouldn't happen even if I had 50 Mbps, a cable is a cable, Wi-Fi is something else. Sky internet is slower than a snail. Should I buy something extra? Haha, funny, all I do is pay a subscription for something that doesn't work, it's a disaster, I would never recommend Sky internet. I report a problem and all I get is a suggestion to buy another subscription? Why!? Even when connected via cable, the internet disconnects, no matter what time it is...

Virgin Media works better than Sky, always helpful, an engineer can easily come and fix the issue, but with Sky? Pay the contract and be quiet. Shameful."

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: zasięg Internetu

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Anitka1 

Please can you post your router stats

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion