Discussion topic: very poor internet connection and need a engineer

This message was authored by Janet60 This message was authored by: Janet60

very poor internet connection and need a engineer

to keep things simple, our internet speed is at 5mbps. and this has been like it for over a week, 

the connection is not stable what so ever, and we even phoned sky to get a openreach engineer, and they just put the phone down... is there anyway what so ever to contact sky online to get someone to help with our internet issues? 

our wifi dropped to 20mbps about 5 weeks ago from being at 25 / 30... and this last two weeks have been at 10 to 5.. with it only topping 5 fully now... everytime we contact sky the automated bot says there is no issues, but we know there is, and we have had BT out to look at our teliphone pole connection about 8 times since 2022.. 

any help would be amazing 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: very poor internet connection and need a engineer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Janet60 

Could you post your hub stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Janet60
Topic Author

Janet60_0-1710258799313.png

here you go

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Janet60 

The noise margin of 20db shows a major line fault if you wish we can escalate this to sky

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Janet60
Topic Author

that would be very helpful if you can, as we did phone and they cut us off so never got to even speak to them

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Janet60   To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@Janet60 

As you can see both @GD1  and myself have escalated this.  I think they'll get the message 👍

Janet60
Topic Author

thank you so much for the help! 

i shall wait for there reply 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Janet60  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Janet60
Topic Author

BT open reach has just left and we are now upto 40mbps 

Thanks to everyone who helped us sort it! 

(BT believe the issue was related to a CV radio on the street creating a radio wave issue, and says this line issue may occur again and logged this down for future reference for sky incase it drops again)

Janet60
Topic Author

 i hate to say this but... its started to go again... following your advice last time I've checked the noise margin and noticed it at 35.....  before i phone sky would you say this is the same as Last time??? 

1000013027.jpg

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Janet60  It was only 20.7 from your router stats on another post in this thread. There is something very wrong with this connection and a noise margin of 35 is the highest I have ever saw. Give Sky a call.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion